Battlefield 3: new Xbox 360 patch weighs in at 1.92GB, DICE “strongly advises” you download it

Tuesday, 12th March 2013 13:01 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 3 is getting a whopping 1.92GB patch this week to prepare the game for DICE’s incoming ‘End Game’ expansion.

Announced over on Xbox.com, the ‘Multiplayer Update 6′ patch descriptor reads, “This Battlefield 3 update contains improvements to the multiplayer portions of the game. We strongly advise you download it.”

The rumour mill is already suggesting that the large patch is the expansion itself, and not just an update. However some of our readers have told us that End Game actually clocks in at 1.72GB.

Thanks OXM.

1. Hunam

Isn’t this common for BF3 so far? I know on the PC we have the entire content for all the expansions with each patch.

#1 1 year ago
  2. manamana

Do I need to keep all patches on my 360 HDD? They occupy a lot of space.

#2 1 year ago
  3. freedoms_stain

@1, Download a 6GB patch last week? Thought that was End Game? Log in to Origin, a nice fat new 4GB patch awaiteth thee.

#3 1 year ago
  4. KesMonkey

@2: I had the exact same question myself, and after a bit of Googling, I found this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/621026-battlefield-3/64838124
    I’ve deleted the updates that (according to that link) I don’t need, and am having no problems (so far).

#4 1 year ago
  5. manamana

Thanks, KesMonkey! I googled it and there where so many conflicting opinions I didn’t trust. I’ll try it out. It’s not that it couldn’t be reinstalled after all…

#5 1 year ago
  6. Hcw87

This system has sucked since BC2, it’s not hard to release incremental patches. And it’s not like some balance fixes need 1+GB either, its just dumb.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Iliad

The 1.92GB is multiplayer update 6. The End Game DLC is 1.73GB – you need both.

While I’ve no complaints over the download sizes (it’s not like the packs contain 4 CoD-sized maps on a 5-year-old engine), it would have been courteous of DICE/EA to explain in the beginning that DLC updates come with added chunky (read: mandatory) multiplayer updates too… to give those with limited HD space fair warning.

#7 1 year ago