DmC: Devil May Cry ‘Bloody Palace’ DLC is now live

Wednesday, 20th February 2013 13:32 GMT By Dave Cook

DmC: Devil May Cry developer Ninja Theory has released its free Bloody Palace DLC on PS3 and Xbox 360 today, adding 101 increasingly brutal challenge rooms into the mix.

Coming in at 201.43 MB – so you know it’s not on the disc – the content also adds five ‘brutal’ boss fights, and awards players ranks for performance, which are then uploaded to the global leaderboard. You need to complete the main story to unlock it though, just a warning.

Here’s a trailer:

We’ve got a gallery of Bloody Palace images here.

Meanwhile, DmC’s Vergil’s Downfall DLC is said to be between 3-5 hours long. We’ve got a ton of details and screens here.

Are you going to get this? Let us know below.

Thanks OXM.

1. LuLshuck

Is it free?

2. YoungZer0

@1: Yes.

Of course I’m getting this. This will make the unlocking of some of the Dante artworks way easier. :)

Was any one of you able to unlock some of the ‘rare’ pictures yet? They are rather ‘sexy’. 8)

Have to say it’s a pleasure to unlock more and more of the gallery.

More developers should do that.

I’m still impressed of just how well the they converted the 2D art into actual 3D. Most of the levels really look like their 2D counterpart. Outstanding work if you ask me.

Anyway, I hope the Vergil DLC still comes out this month and that they will release an artbook as well. The only way to get your hands on the artworks apart from the game is ripping out the content from the PC Version.

Which is what I did. Took some time, but I was able to get more pictures when actually featured in the gallery.

3. Francis O

The PC version blows away the console version. DmC must be played at 60 FPS. Its so much better that way.

4. YoungZer0

Not just the 60 FPS but the shadows and the loading times are much better.

Oh and there’s modding potential:

5. theevilaires

Free is good especially for something thats just challenge rooms basically. This kind of DLC should be free.

6. MadFingerz

@2 I haven’t checked which artwork I have unloacked so far. How many times have you finished the game already?

btw, I’ve been playing on the PS3 and I’m happy enough to how it performs. I don’t have a PS pad for pc gaming or would the DS3 usb charger work? I really have no idea :p

7. YoungZer0

@6: You should definitely check out the artworks. Some of the best I’ve ever seen, if not THE best. Those guys are seriously talented.

I think I completed the game five times now.

The PS3 version although still good is the worst of the bunch. The shadows look atrocious some times and the loading is 3 times as long as on the 360/PC version.

I don’t own the PC version yet, but I’m definitely going to buy it soon.

I had the chance of playing it on my brothers PC for a few hours and was able to extract the artworks with some tools. I played it with Mouse and Keyboard and … wow, it works so freaking well that I don’t even care about a controller. Keep in mind my brother has a mid-range PC and it still runs at 60 Fps with all settings on high.

8. YoungZer0

http://youtu.be/yDWsgjAtS6Q <Trailer.

9. Dave Cook

@8 cheers mate

10. MadFingerz

Yeah, the credits show some artwork so I know what you mean.

hmmm, I can’t imagine playing a hack&slash game with mouse and keyboard, but I’m curious now :p How are the controls? Too bad I don’t exactly have money to spend on new games, much less on games I already have on another platform…

11. danC

hey maan, you can buy cheap Devil May Cry from http://inexus.us/dmc-devil-may-cry/?a=k10 (they accept paysafecard, paypal, credit card) technical help is very useful