Skyrim title update 1.8 released on PSN ahead of Dragonborn release

Tuesday, 12th February 2013 13:36 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

To prepare your PS3 for today’s launch of Dragonborn on the PS Store, Bethesda has released title update 1.8 – listed as 1.08 in the US and 2.08 in Europe. The update provides general memory and stability improvements, fixes a crash when using vampiric grip, an issue related to duplicate NPCs, Arnleif and Sons Trading Company will no longer become permanently locked, and some stubborn exterior doors will now open properly.

Insert your Skyrim game disc to begin downloading the update.

1. ArcticMonkey

Is there a specific time the PS store content updates?… in the US

Buying me some more Skyrim today

#1 1 year ago
  2. Beta

Spoilers*

Was the bug where Karliah didn’t move into Nightingale hall ever fixed?

#2 1 year ago
  3. ActionGameKing

Is this game fully playable on PS3 yet? Would love to give it a go

#3 1 year ago
  4. Beta

@3 There certainly aren’t as many bugs as there were. And I’m not having any serious issues. But it’s not perfect (it’s a Bethesda game after all) ;)

#4 1 year ago
  5. ActionGameKing

@4 If reactions to the patch and DLC this week are good, I’ll pick it up when I get a good deal on it.

#5 1 year ago
  6. SlayerGT

@3 Well, my game was seriously ef’d up. Let me go get this patch and ill get back to you…

#6 1 year ago
  7. SlayerGT

@3 Well..things seem to be ok. My brother and I had stopped playing months ago due to the game freezing moments after our main saves would load. His was almost timed to freeze. Didn’t really matter what he did as long as he was doing something and not just standing around. Mine was water influenced. As soon as my character would touch water my game would freeze. We both started playing around the same time after 1.08 was installed and for 2 hours things have been fine. Nothing to report yet. I’m a little excited I might be able to finish this fucking game. I forgot how cool it was.

#7 1 year ago
  8. SlayerGT

Just an update..my brother has put in another 5 hours post patch. Everything still running ok.

#8 1 year ago