Tomb Raider multiplayer: gameplay video & details inside

Monday, 28th January 2013 13:44 GMT By Sam Clay

Tomb Raider has Multiplayer – shock horror! To relieve our state of utter disbelief VG247′s Sam Clay has published some footage of the game’s online modes in action.

VG247 spoke with Tomb Raider’s game director Daniel Bisson about Crystal Dynamic’s direction with multiplayer and how they’ve gone about fitting it into the game. Obviously this being a first for the Tomb Raider franchise, everyone is still up in arms about it.

Oh, and Lara Croft is a special character in the multiplayer. Like a rugged James Bond or something. Our video is above in case you haven’t seen it for some reason.

1. Dark

This looks really bad..
    oh and this is the worst animation i ever seen in MP game.

2. tmac2011

i hate the way that guy talks. and this reminds me of MGO, they prolly just copied off of that anyways, single player will be better. #1 its not the worst or the best kind of in between they prolly spent alot on the signle player

3. TheKeyPit

The sounds in the MP are horrible.

4. polygem

gears of uncharted mp…how unique.
    really boring if you ask me. it’s 2013. this is so 2008

5. CycloneFox

This looks almost exactly like Uncharted 2-3s Multiplayer, which is a good thing. Uncharted 3s Multiplayer ist one of the best, I’ve ever played.

6. ps3fanboy

the mp looks okay to me, if it controls like uncharted then they have done the right thing.. what worries me is that it is only 5 maps!! and you have to level up to level60 for lara to unlock… it can end up like 30 hours grind or more… there should at least been 8 levels… but i guess they are gonna trick you to buy the dlc crap…

7. Astaroth

@5 I agree. I like what I have seen of this game so far. I just hope they’ll add a few more maps and maybe some weapons if shotgun, assault rifle, pistol and bow are all we are going to get at release.
    I also like how you can unlock Lara but only at max lvl. It gives the game a sort of purpose, something to work for other than weapon upgrades, which is great I think.
    I already preordered the collector’s edition back in November and although I never used to be a big fan of Tomb Raider after I played Tomb Raider 3, I can hardly wait to play it. It somehow got me hyped with so many small things. I like the new setting, I like the new Lara, I like the voice actors they chose etc… Let’s just hope it can deliver on all those hyped bits and pieces.

8. tatsujin

wow this is such horrible gameplay …

9. Just-Joe

I was more interested in this game when it didn’t have multiplayer.