Ni No Kuni Wizard’s Edition stock oversold, orders cancelled

Friday, 25th January 2013 05:42 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch distributor Digital River has apologised to customers whose orders for the very special Wizard’s Edition cannot be filled.

Reports have straggled in from all over the world of late, missing or cancelled orders for the collector’s package, which included a Drippy plushie and book of magic among other goodies.

The issue seems to stem from poor inventory management; distributor Digital Rivers took to the Namco Bandai forums to apologise and to promise that all customers will be contacted individually by phone or email.

“Due to an error in our ordering system, the available inventory of Wizard’s Edition was oversold by mistake. We want you to know that Digital River does not take this situation lightly. We are implementing process improvements to prevent this issue from happening again and are committed to regaining your trust,” a representative wrote.

Some orders have been cancelled, while others are still to be shipped; in both cases, users should receive an email notification. Payment will be refunded to those who missed out.

The Wizard’s Edition was exclusive to Club Namco, the publisher’s own online store, in many territories. In those territories where retailers offered the package, contact your point of purchase for more information.

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is a PlayStation 3 exclusive. There appear to be no stock issues for the standard edition as yet.

Thanks, Polygon.

1. DeVitowned

Digital River is a terrible company, with a track record of fucking up orders. They fumbled my Darksiders II and now my Ni no Kuni. A couple nights ago, I went into panic mode, it being a day after the game released and I had not received a notification my order had processed or shipped. Namco’s own damn site didn’t show my order existed, even though I placed it AND PAID in September.

Oh well, they finally sent a shipping confirmation and I’ll get it later today. I’d say I’ll never use their shitty service again, but it seems to be the only distributor game companies use these days.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Beta

Sucks for the people affected, useless company.

#2 1 year ago
  3. mtnman3888

Luckily mine shipped yesterday, but that really sucks for those who pre-ordered an extremely limited edition. I saw where some were going for $300-$400 on eBay.

#3 1 year ago
  4. manamana

They are going 350$ – 400$ on amazon.com, crazy shit. One can still find it on the german amazon store.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Beta

Had the wizards edition pre ordered on Amazon UK since September.

Hopefully there’ll be no problems with it. It’s the cut down EU version but I still want it for the Wizards Companion alone.

#5 1 year ago
  6. jon_

It took three monts for Digital River to deliver my Resident Evil Revelations even i purchased it since preorder, two months to deliver Op Raccoon city and they never.
    I promised not to give them my money again and then Namco announced the collector edition exclusively online. :/

Hope that at least Namco changes his online store because Digital River also manages Capcom and SE webstore and the three of them sucks.

#6 1 year ago
  7. silkvg247

Damn, why did I cancel my preorder.. made it months ago but changed my mind. Could have made some decent money!

#7 1 year ago
  8. manamana

At Dtoid you can find what anamcoBandai has to say to all of this….

Affected fans get a 400page artbook.

#8 1 year ago