StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm’s opening cinematic, watch it here

Tuesday, 22nd January 2013 08:11 GMT By Dave Cook

StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm is inching ever-closer to release, but Blizzard has decided to tease the masses with a look at the standalone expansion’s opening cinematic. It’s full of soldiers, combat, savage beasts and even one instance of a Wilhelm Scream. See if you can spot it through the cut.

Speaking with Polygon, StarCraft 2 game director Dustin Browder explained the purpose of the above clip, and stated it’s supposed to symbolise the kind of power series mainstay Kerrigan aspires to, but that she currently doesn’t have. Poor lass.

Are you excited for Heart of the Swarm? Let us know below.

Thanks to teamliquidnet for the clip.

1. themadjock

Well the Zerg are my race in MP so yeah :) not watching the cinematic though till release. It’s a shame it’s coming out during in spring game flood, I will mostly be playing Bioshock infinite

2. Talkar

You won’t hear me say this alot, in fact go google it, but freaking holy shitfuck in a ultralisk sized ass that was amazing! This is going to, without a doubt be my most played game of 2013 and most likely 2014 too!

3. absolutezero

I wish the Blizzard CGI movies guys would just make a 40k movie. They obviously want to. It would be good.

4. deadstoned

Gotta love the Blizzard CGI =D . Make a feature film please!

5. Butcher8

Making a 3 minute cinematic full of eye candy and a feature film with a strong narrative and a compelling story arc are two different things and if Blizz’ last two campaigns are anything to go by (sc2 and d3) I don’t think they have it in them tbh.