Project X Zone coming to North America, Europe and Australia

Monday, 21st January 2013 17:37 GMT By Nick Akerman

The crazy 3DS crossover from Sega, Namco Bandai and Capcom is coming to North America, Europe and Australia this summer.

For the uninitiated, Project X Zone features over 200 characters and was released in Japan last October. A healthy total of 29 franchises are represented, meaning even the fussiest of players will have characters to enjoy in this turn-based fighter.

IGN posted an extended trailer to coincide with the Japanese release:

1. mobiugearskin

Sweet, this looked fun

2. monkeygourmet

Sweet!

Will get my 3DSXL when Animal Crossing comes out, this will be purchased too!

I hope the Animal Crossing 3DSXL’s come out in UK, any news on that Nick?

3. Nick Akerman

I’ve not seen any European/UK announcement for that yet. The bundle is heading for Korea on Feb. 7, so it’s probably still a long way off (if it comes at all). Here’s hoping!

4. polygem

Boom!!! seriouly i love the 3ds…it’s so old school and fresh at the same time. best handheld ever imho. fuck that second analog stick nonsense. so many great games…lots of timeless classics and gems. everyone who’s only slightly interested in videogames should own one. great system…

5. monkeygourmet

Was really hoping it would release with the game as a pack-in! :)

6. absolutezero

I’m whispering this….

It has old Dante. It also has some really really nice Chris and Jill sprites.

7. Greek God

great!

8. lexph3re

3 game I will be getting now. And Poly… Really doesn’t help your slander when your praised device has a second analog attachment im just saying.

9. wishdokta

I’m curious. Though, I hope combat isn’t going to be all about juggling.

10. Clupula

Man, I wish this wasn’t on a portable.

11. lexph3re

Clupula you gotta give handheld gaming a go man. I know you said you hate it but I have been doing it since the classic gameboy. I love handheld gaming. I love handhelds to advance more than anything but love them none the less.

12. polygem

@8: ;) what i mean is, i really don’t play re revelations and metal gear on the 3ds much…played both, but would rather play games like that on a home console and not on a portable device-just not the games i want on a handheld. that’s why i really never felt the need for a second stick and couldn’t understand why so many made a problem out of that. i wish there would rather be a 2D sidescrolling RE game instead, castlevania, shadow complex RE, new stuff, things that are designed with the hardware in mind, not just smaller brothers of home console games…that’s probably the reason i didn’t like the vita much. it’s a matter of taste. again.

13. polygem

THIS, luigis mansion, fire emblem, animal crossing, castlevania mof, monster hunter, hopefully code of priness will come to europe soon, braveley default, harmo knight…this console is made for me.

14. lexph3re

Well I’m the opposite. I believe handhelds are nothing more than last gen or last last gens consoles condensed into a smaller package. And, I do feel inevitably even nintendo will follow the model and add a second analog stick. It just depends on how many renditions of the 3ds they will make before making it a reality.

Games like God Eater burst and Monster hunter really do benefit from a second analog stick. Honestly, I’ll be disappointed in Capcom if they don’t make MH3u compatible with a second analog stick.

It is a personal preference at the end of the day. But, I don’t see why you can’t have a device that does both.

15. absolutezero

Either MH3 or 4 need the Circle Pad add-on in order to use one of the weapons, you can’t equip it without having the attachment on the 3DS.

16. SplatteredHouse

Destructoid reported that the game will retain the original Japanese voices, with English text, and that there were no omissions due to licensing issues for this release :D That looks like a right hoot to play! My 3DS is ready.