Killer is Dead debut trailer evokes Killer7, No More Heroes vibe

Friday, 18th January 2013 03:27 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Killer is Dead, the latest game from Grasshopper Manufacture, looks to play the team’s strengths and experience in this gorgeous, violent and perhaps uncomfortably sexy trailer.

Killer7 and No More Heroes players will pick up on some fairly obvious Grasshopper Manufacture mainstays, but there’s a fair bit of Shadows of the Damned in our dashing hero, and the action has a bit of a Lollipop Chainsaw feel, too.

There’s no denying Goichi Suda’s games walk a troublesome line between exploitation and satire, but it’s very, very hard to say no to the luscious art style depicted here.

Killer is Dead was announced in April 2012, and detailed in this week’s Famitsu. It’s expected in Japan during northern summer, for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, but hasn’t attracted a western publisher yet.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. Night Hunter

What the fuck?

My brain is about to explode …

2. DeVitowned

Holy shit…
    Also, best name since Dio Brando.

3. manamana

Awesome. Plain awesome.

4. Greek God

looks really good
    will be my first Suda game :)

5. polygem

made my day. when i played killer 7 on the gamecube i couldn’t believe how different it is. no more heroes was great too. this looks ace. no wiiu version? any rumours about it? if not i’ll get it for 360.

6. FabioPal

“Mondo Zappa”? seriously? in Italian it means “World Hoe” :)

7. viralshag

Really awesome. Gonna keep my eye on this one.

8. Dragon246

I think I now know the game that needs to be beaten for the title of the most beautiful game of 2013.

9. Dave Cook

Amazing! This and Castlevania LoS 2 are my most anticipated for 2013. Anyone else think Mondo looks like a young Dan Smith from Killer7?

10. absolutezero

Thge gameplay snippets that we saw seem to be a cross between Lollipop and No More Heroes. Aside from the art style theres very little there that resembles Killer7. Actually the art style most closely resembles the very first No More Heroes trailer reveal.

11. Pytox

Another suda game I will have to play can’t wait!
    Should get Shadows of the damned sometimes, Lollipop chainsaw was pretty good :)

12. absolutezero

Shadows of the Damned is a solid game hampered slightly by Mikami not stamping out some of Suda’s more surreal flights of fancy. Flights of fancy that always seem to out stay their welcome.

Its mechanics are great the environment is decidedly dark which is the opposite of the characters inhabiting them.

I enjoyed it alot.

13. xino

same boring Hack n Slash gameplay being release with no new features or innovation.

and once again…violence being increase.
    yet people are too blind and stupid to see why people murder each other because of these bloody games

14. DSB

My main problem with Shadows of the Damned was the mechanics. The copy-pasted Resident Evil template is really an anachronism, and I don’t think it fits well at all with Suda 51′s general ADD.

It should’ve been less clunky and upped the tempo.