Far Cry Outpost is a free Far Cry 3 mobile app for Android and iOS

Wednesday, 9th January 2013 17:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Far Cry Outpost, a new mobile companion app for Far Cry 3, is now available on Android and iOS, free of charge.

The app allows multiplayer and co-op players to decode the encrypted data in the game to earn advanced weapon mods and customize their Loadouts.

Far Cry Outpost also allows players to track their progress with daily and weekly challenges, check and compare stats, and keep track of the maps created with the map editor.

Here’s a list of detailed features:

• Decode the encrypted data you find in game to unlock advanced weapon mods and earn bonus XP. Don’t wait until you’re playing the game to start decoding. Instead, decode on the go! Once you unlock a weapon mod, you can accept it, give it to one of your friends or sell it for more XP straight from your phone.
  • View and customize your Loadouts so that you’re ready to play once you’re back in the game.
  • Keep track of your progress through the Daily and Weekly Challenges. Completing these Challenges will earn you XP.
  • Check out your personal stats and the stats of your friends, including time played, level, top weapons, awards and more.
  • Keep track of the maps you’ve made in the Map Editor. You can follow the current tier placements and how many people have liked or favorited your maps.

A video explaining how the app works is below.

1. SlayerGT

Don’t use it, it messes up your game..

#1 1 year ago
  2. evilreverend

can you provide a little more information? i was excited about this app until i scrolled down and saw your comment.

#2 1 year ago
  3. bubiz

I can’t seem to log in with my xbox profile. When I changed the platform to PC it worked but what good is that to me. Oh the humanity! Gotta get me some version :p

#3 1 year ago
  4. evilreverend

does it connect to your Uplay account? i recently got Far Cry 3 on PC but haven’t started playing yet, so i’m interested in how it connects to your game.

#4 1 year ago
  5. SlayerGT

@2 Sorry I didn’t clarify. Tbh I haven’t used the app but I have used farcryoutpost.com. I signed up for the option to unlock the second decoder. Since I’ve signed up my weekly challenges do not work at all. My stats on outpost are nonexistent. I said to myself, “I don’t care, I just want the ability to decode during the day”. If you decode XP, it contributes to the nonexistent outpost stat and not your actual game. If you unlock a speed boost you can’t give it to anyone without longing into PSN..same goes for a weapon mod that you may have already, if wanting to give it to a friend. So really unless all you’re unlocking are weapon mods that you don’t have yet..its useless and a waste “Intel”. I realized this quickly and didn’t bother looking at anything else in fear of further loss of XP, speedboost, or mods.

#5 1 year ago
  6. evilreverend

@5 thanks for the information. i checked the google play store on my android and the app isn’t rated very high at the moment. there was a comment saying the stats work better on the android app than on the website if you are interested in your stats.

#6 1 year ago
  7. SlayerGT

I personally love the game. I tried the competitive mp like two day after launch and it was competent. Now it’s janky as shit. Too many people playing maybe idk. The co op “works” :D well enough that my buddy and I were hooked. We’ve played through all 6 six chapters on “casual-hard” maybe twice. Tried insane and can’t pass the third chapter..i think. Can’t remember, with just us two. Looking forward to the free dlc soon. Im not the biggest fan of fps’s but far cry works for me thanks to the feel, sound, and movement of the game. Its just fun.

#7 1 year ago
  8. SlayerGT

The online has been half way patched. Ubi trying to make me look foolish..touche Ubi, touche ;)

#8 1 year ago