Dynasty Warriors 8 screens show off Jin stars

Friday, 21st December 2012 05:17 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The latest Dynasty warriors 8 screenshots show off flamboyant character design, over the top action and campy, silly fun. Who would have thought?

The featured characters are all from the Jin faction, which was introduced in the last core Dynasty Warriors game. You’ll see new designs for Sima Yi, Sima Shi, Sima Zhao and Wang Yuanji, plus new faces Zhang Chunhua and Jia Chong.

Dynasty Warriors 8 is expected on PlayStation 3 in japan in February; a western release is expected but unconfirmed.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. digmouse

Even as a Chinese I don’t get the real meaning of this game… Does it really feature any meaningful change every installment?

#1 1 year ago
  2. The_Red

I think there was a graphical upgrade from 5 to 6. That’s it.

#2 1 year ago
  3. chaoszage

@1 and @2
    DW8 has some new gameplay features, new actions like awakening mode,stormrush,counter and a new mode still now have not been announced.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Da Man

Obv the game is about as exciting if you’re chinese as Red Alert is if you’re russian.. That is zero difference, if any.

Basically it has as much to do with Ancient China as Transformers with Roman Empire.

#4 1 year ago
  5. orakaa

Well, the game’s story/background is based on “Romance of the three kingdoms”, so the setting is there and indeed related to Ancient China… but it is true that in its execution, let’s say that the game is a “free interpretation” of the source material.

Anyway, I bought 3 different games in the series and I enjoyed it every time. Maybe I’ll take this one, or the “Empire” version when it comes out.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Mr Sparkle

New playable characters. That’s it. I remember thinking about the possibilities when Xbox 360/PS3 came out. When they release these on next gen systems, I imagine that it’ll be pretty much the same gameplay with SLIGHTLY better graphics. Although the upcoming DW7 Empires seems to have new features.

#6 1 year ago