Rayman Legends: solid release date confirmed, coming February

Friday, 7th December 2012 09:09 GMT By Dave Cook

Rayman Legends has been given a solid release date by developer Ubisoft. Get the details below.

Fans of the legless wonder can expect his Wii U debut on February 28th.

The confirmation comes after a string of rumours surrounding flaky release dates and relative silence from Ubisoft.

The game seems to be worth the wait though, as VG247 played it earlier in the year. It’s a fun and incredibly wacky take on the Rayman series, with tons of obligatory GamePad and co-op features thrown into the mix. We’ll have more details closer to launch.

Thanks ONM.

1. DrDamn

Looking forward to this – should be near done with NSMBWU by then. Any word on the demo becoming available on the eShop?

Seems they’ve gone a lot further than Nintendo themselves graphically and in using the gamepad inventively.

2. Gadzooks!

I thought NSMBU was rubbish frankly. I’ve never liked SMB games much, but the new one feels like a low budget remake cash-in. There are more polished, nuanced platformers around for virtually no money on XBLIG or PC indie.

Rayman looks lightyears ahead of NSMBU in all departments.

3. ItsFade

Got a chance to play Rayman: Legends a while back almost to the point where I wanted to pick up a Wii U just to play it once it comes out. What little I played of it was incredibly fun and well done. I loved how they implemented the touch controls in co-op. I also played a level where the character plays in accordance to the level music which was pure brilliance.

If the rest of the game keeps up with what I played it will easily surpass Rayman: Origins which in itself was a very fun game. It also feels like playing a cartoon and I couldn’t help but chuckle here and there.

4. Dave Cook

@3 yeah it’s really nice, disgustingly charming and slick :)

5. bitsnark

Got a chance to play this back at the EGExpo.

Almost sold me on the Wii U based on its horrendously fun co-operative experience alone.

Tremendous little game.

6. _LarZen_

But where is the demo…..?