Mass Effect Trilogy launch trailer presents complete sci fi epic

Wednesday, 5th December 2012 01:24 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The release of the Mass Effect Trilogy gives you the excuse you needed to play through the entire story start to finish, watching the impact of your actions unfold from one game to another.

The Mass Effect Trilogy is out now on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in the US, and arrives in Europe and beyond from December 7. If it’s your first experience of the series, do yourself a favour and play around with the character customisation right from the start so you can import through – and remember, FemShep forever.

Thanks, Evil Avatar.

1. roadkill

Best! Game! Ever!

2. RandomTiger

@1 Which ending did you pick, red, green or blue?

3. CyberMarco

What version has the most DLC?

4. viralshag

Booo to FemShep! ;)

I actually started playing through ME1 on the 360 again as a renegade playthrough. It’s bit of a struggle consider how much more I prefer 2 & 3 but it’s totally worth it.

Favourite game series ever for me.

5. roadkill

@2 Green (extended cut)! :)

edit: But you seem to forget something. Even though the ending was good and not stellar as everyone was expecting it’s the journey that matters. And if you think about it the reason why you don’t like the ending is because it’s the end. No one wanted Mass Effect to end. It’s like losing something important to you.

6. CyberMarco

I found that the PS3 version is the most DLC packed

7. zinc

I think this will be my Christmas treat to myself :-)

8. TheWulf

You’ve not played the extended cut. It’s a feature which provides handholding for people who’re too unimaginative to deal with an open-ended ending. You might like it!

To be honest, I liked the thing with the mass relays exploding. It implied a macabre end unless the races could get their shit together (with the aid of the reapers, if they survived). It’s very rare that gaming does something like that.

It’s almost like you and those like you preferred Blade Runner before the Director’s Cut. Because, you know, this was such a grand ending, right?

I can but shake my head sadly.