Thu, Nov 08, 2012 | 14:06 GMT
BioWare Mythic changes its name to Mythic
BioWare Mythic has announced it shall henceforth be known as just Mythic.
The name change was announced on the Warhammer Online website, along with the following statement:
“In the wake of a new focus our studio has recently changed its name from BioWare Mythic to Mythic. Everything else stays the same – our passionate teams will continue to support and develop our existing titles as well as working on some new and exciting projects.”
The developer has gone through a number of name changes over the years. Here’s short history:
- Adventures Unlimited Software was founded in 1984 By Mark Jacobs.
- Interesting Systems was founded in 1990 by Rob Denton, Matt Firor, Don Cambpell, and Roger Shropshire.
- The company became known as Interworld Productions in 1995 when Mark Jacobs Rob Denton teamed up.
- In November 1997 the name was changed to Mythic Entertainment.
- EA purchased Mythic Entertainment in 2006 and renamed it EA Mythic.
- EA Mythic renamed itself Mythic Entertainment in 2008.
- The developer was renamed BioWare Mythic in 2009.
- As of November 7, 2012, BioWare Mythic is now known Mythic.