Skyrim Premium edition confirmed by Bethesda, contains no DLC

Monday, 29th October 2012 12:39 GMT By Dave Cook

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Premium Edition has been listed on Amazon.de, along with pricing and a content descriptor. However, it appears that the release will have no bundled DLC. Bethesda has now confirmed the game for Europe.

Update: The original story is below. Since publication Bethesda has confirmed to Eurogamer that Skyrim: Premium Edition will be heading to some parts of Europe and UK shores soon.

“It’s coming to the UK too and there will more details about its availability soon,” a Bethesda spokesperson stated.

VG247 received further confirmation that the game is only confirmed for release in the UK, Germany and Benelux so far. Other territories are unconfirmed as yet.

OXM reports that Skyrim: Premium Edition has been listed on Amazon.de at 59.99 Euro, along with official box art and contents.

Said contents include an official t-shirt with the logo of the Empire, a copy of official novel “The Infernal City”, and six concept art postcards. The PC edition comes with a 600 page eBook, soundtrack dic and more.

But no DLC. Although this could change of course. Here’s a shot of the spoils:

What do you think of the absence of DLC?

1. ps3fanboy

one question this release arise.. are the patches now been included on the disc or is this just another broken release?… where you have to download the patches. the t-shirt and books they can stuff where the sun dont shine for all i care. and with no dlc on disc this aint no premium, its a worthless cash grab..

2. TheWulf

First Doom 3 was removed from all digital download stores, now Bethesda GOTY editions will potentially not contain DLC… Did they get a questionable new management restructuring lately or something?

3. ManuOtaku

They should release the playable edition instead, for the playstation 3 of course.

4. deathm00n

Just a correction Dave, the novel is “The Infernal City” and it’s canon, not a spin-off

5. Dave Cook

@4 thanks bud, I was going by some weird Google Translation effort. Will amend now :)

6. OrbitMonkey

Well it’s no surprise it’s got no dlc tbh. The dlc isn’t (& probably won’t be) available for the PS3 & did they ever release Oblivion with all the dlc?

Business as usual.

7. deathm00n

@6 Yes, there is the Oblivion GOTY that comes with all the dlc and a Morrowind GOTY also with all the DLC, so I think Skyrim may have a edition like the older ones. I am waiting to get it for the PS3, but I don’t think it will be possible because of all that dlc not working

8. SJFrK

There’s really no talk whatsoever of any DLC on the Amazon.de product site.

The novel ‘The Infernal City’ is out since 2009 (2010 in Germany) and has a sequel (‘Lord of Souls’), pretty good read if you’re interested in the TES universe.

9. KrazyKraut

Ban this greedy filth!

10. Cobra951

Who is going to buy this? Without the DLC and all updates, I see no reason to buy the whole game again. The bonus content is certainly not worth the full price of a game either. I suppose there are people who haven’t bought Skyrim yet, but even they would be better off finding the regular edition for cheap somewhere.

11. Lord Gremlin

Why would anyone buy this? Especially on PS3. That said, on pS3 it’s a fraud, on PC and 360 a waste of money. Just, what’s the point of this edition?
    Can’t think of any but milking money from idiots.

12. CPC_RedDawn

@7 Its not that the DLC does not work it’s just that the stand alone game it self for the PS3 has so many problems. Seriously, I have a strong belief that Bethesda never ever tested the PS3 version, or they tested it and thought they could fix it in a few patches after release. To save them the trouble of holding back a version of their game and cutting off potentially a massive portion of their initial sales as PS3 has a strong user base. This obviously was not the case as basically the PS3 users are being used as Beta testers, as more people are playing the game then Bethesda can hire as in house testers so more and more bugs were popping up (such as the save game bug) and a host of others too.

If you own a console get the 360 version, if you own a PS3 either wait for a playable version or simply buy the PC version. The PC is by far the best as you get not only better controls, and graphics, you get fewer bugs (in my experience with both the PC and PS3 version I have seen more bugs on the PS3), and you also get mods too which some of them are simply amazing (Super Skyrim Bros. is EPIC!)

13. friendlydave

@11 My guess is its to cash in on Christmas. No DLC means they can still sell a GOTY edition sometime early-mid 2013 after another expansion dlc.

Smart really, as this will sell and so will the inevitable GOTY edition

14. ps3fanboy

you forgot the option to ‘NOT BUY AT ALL’, vote with your wallet guys and you dont get crap like this anymore.

15. freedoms_stain

@7, my Oblivion GOTY didn’t contain any of the microtransaction DLC, only Knights of the Nine and Shimmering Isle.

16. dean the mighty douche

What??? Premium??? Ehh??? Am I missing something here??
    This game has already been released, they’ve just repackaged it!!
    Bethesda you are the scum dogs of the universe. I bought your skyrim the day of release played it death 180 hours plus..,
    Then I got told no DLC so I gave you three months to which no avail. As saddened as I were I took your piece of crap glitchy game to gamestation traded it in for practically nothing.
    After walking away I told myself I will never buy a Bethesda game again ever. Maybe this isn’t any skin of your noses but if other ps3 owners have the same idea then you will lose money. Maybe then you remove bill gates penis from your lips and get down to making our gaming experiences better!!
    You can shove your dragon riding up your arse as well who’d pay for that crap? Not me, I wanted to be a vampire lord thanks. I hope you sleep well at night on your mattress full of
    Our monies. When the next gen consoles come out lets hope we can still buy pre-owned games because I will be giving my money to the thieves at game!!
    Listen to me babbling on like gibbering idiot
    Please could you pass this comment on to Bethesda and give them my email I would like to hear some feed back
    Thanks dean the mighty