Wii U queue starts in Manhattan

Tuesday, 23rd October 2012 03:47 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Isaiah-Triforce Johnson, who was the first person in the US to buy a Wii and 3DS, has started queueing up to repeat this feat with the Wii U, nearly a month ahead of its November 18 launch. Johnson has set up camp outside Nintendo World in Manhattan and is tweeting from the scene. The quasi-celebrity gamer runs a digital culture company and has even worked with Nintendo on some promotions, so he’s unlikely to be moved on before he earns a third Reggie Fils-Aime happy snap for his collection. The Wii U arrives in Europe later in November and finally drops in Japan in December.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. Dragon246

Well you need people like him, dont you?

2. The_Red

Triforce middle name? Wow. This makes perfect sense now.

3. G1GAHURTZ

So…

That’s polygem’s real name!

4. Dragon246

Nope. That’s monkeygourmets real name!

5. Ignatius_Cheese

“The 3DS arrives in Europe later in November and finally drops in Japan in December.”

Erm, funny that! As I’m pretty sure I already have one of those ;) Quick! Fix it!

6. polygem

:D
    you guys really do know me…but actually i am even thinking about cancelling my preorder and wait for a pricedrop and even more games. i doubt i will do it but i am thinking about it.
    i feel like there will be a pricecut after a year and i am way too busy to finish all the games i wanna play on the ps3603ds…atm.
    i just don´t have enough time to play all those games right now. sucks not to be a fanboy….
    just sayin´

7. OrbitMonkey

@6, Bullshit Poly. You haven’t got no backlog! You just know your gonna be getting all hot & sweaty with a big, green, space marine!

:-P

8. polygem

@7: :D
    that´s damn true and i feel sorry for my good ol´xbox in the next 3 months or so…

9. ManuOtaku

I didnt knew anything or nothing about this guy prior this news, but now i wonder who beat him in the DS launch?, probably it aint his friend, at least not now ;), really how he let that slip under him, also one can camp on the streets in manhattan without any repercussions? good luck man you will need it.

If i can do that, i mean if here in venezuela there was an offical store that will track the first sold console, probably i will be in line with my son in order to get one, but in no way almost a moth before, i would not survive that long camping on the streets here ;)

10. polygem

halo will indeed eat a lot of my time. i truly have a backlog though. there are many many ds games i still haven´t finished yet but definiteley want to, i replay the orange box on the 360 atm because i only played it on steam. (well worth the second play through though – but it takes time!) and there are some games i still haven´t played yet like borderlands 2, dishonored, then there will be epic mickey in november for 3ds, paper mario 3ds in december, DmC in january, maybe i will check out far cry 3 as well (really enjoyed the first 2), then the heavy hitters for the next year are coming like gears, tomb raider, bioshock….this will keep me busy for quite some time. that´s why i am starting to think: hey, why not wait a little to get the wii u.
    i mostly buy on launch day….most of the time i regretted that though.
    i will keep my preorder and think that through though. i will definiteley get a wii u anyway…but maybe waiting for next summer will pay off in the end.

that said, does anyone know?: when wii u launches with miiverse, will a 3ds user be able to make a miiverse account as well? one that will be linked to the wii u account?….that would be fantastic.

11. Len

I’ll go give him a kick at lunchtime, silly bugger.

Really must go and have a go on one of the WiiU demo pods in there at some point.

12. OlderGamer

That is dedication right there. Maybe a bit loney too.

I been thinking about selling my WiiU on Ebay if the price gets high enough. I can always buy another one in the spring. I have a Premium one preordered.

13. polygem

hey OG…good idea. i will wait and see. i want one badly though. but i feel like i really have enough stuff to play around with atm.