Sony postpones launch of new PS Store in Europe

Thursday, 18th October 2012 15:22 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has postponed the phased launch of the new PlayStation Store temporarily in some territories, as teething issues related to the global roll-out are addressed and resolved, a Sony spokesperson has told VG247.

According to a Sony, it’s “really important that the best possible Store experience” is delivered and, the firm asked for patience while the matter is resolved.

The store revamp was scheduled to go live in the UK and Europe yesterday, but Sony reverted the store back to the older version until the issues could be sorted.

Countries where the the new PlayStation Store is live include: Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, UAE, Kuwait , Qatar, India, Israel and South Africa.

The new store is set to launch October 23 in the US.

1. Erthazus

New PS Store is horrible.
    Watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ht2JUdoiL_c

New Ps Store is slower than the old one. That is what you are getting when you have 256 MB Ram machine. Well, whatever really, PS3 is indeed a massive brick of cheap hardware in it. Enjoy.

P.S. 28-36 seconds to launch a store… Lawl. My Windows 98 machine will launch Steam faster.

2. Deacon

Sony have said there are teething issues with the new store…
    Christ, I can still hear the whining from over on the EU PS forum from here.

If this generation has taught us anything, it’s that even the industry leaders still struggle to roll out a large-scale digital project.

I’ve no problem with the existing store.
    People doing time comparisons and whining all over the place like PSN supplies their fucking oxygen really gets my goat. This is all within hours of the service going live. Jeez.

Oh thanks Erth. I’m sure it has everything to do with how much RAM is in the hardware.

3. Erthazus

@2, “I’m sure it has everything to do with how much RAM is in the hardware.”

Oh, you want more?
    Okay. Crappy job from software engineering. Am i good?

Next, “Shmony” Fanboys will say that iWaggle video is not true.

4. Razor

What a shambles.

It was awful. Glad to have the old store back, warts n’ all.

5. OrbitMonkey

Loading up the store seemed slower, but it’s actual function seemed fine. I liked the new layout tbh. Was disappointed when I went to check it out this morning, to find it has been pulled :-/

@Erthazus, iWaggle vid?

6. Erthazus

@6, Waggle 3D or whatever. xD

7. Deacon

The video seems legit. Doesn’t really matter where the blame lies, they’re busy sorting it I’m sure.

Videos like that don’t help anyone, anywhere, except the haters.

They did the right thing to pull it for now.

8. vicheous

Well we have the new store here alright, but whats the point when i cant buy ANYTHING! Adding funds is not working :( At least not for me here in No(r)Way

9. Mike W

You’re such a cry baby, when it comes to Sony products. Sheesh I never seen someone whine as much as you do when it comes to a particular organization.

10. Ireland Michael

I think it’s going to be hard for anyone to judge this until they’ve had a hands on.

It *looks* like a vast improvement, but I can’t say how it feels until I’ve tried it. The previous store was a nightmare to traverse, with far too many categories and sub-categories buried under way too many menus. And it’s still not integrated with the main dashboard.

11. daytripper

hopefully the xmb will be dumped for ps4

12. Dragon246

Looks like someone forgot the Diablo 3 launch :P

So much for 1000000000Gb more of RAM.

13. Mike W

Good point, where was his point of views then? Oh I forgot, it was on the PC and his precious PC, can do no wrong. Fucking fanboys are so damn retarded.

14. polygem

could we please just stop accusing everybody and his mom with a different opinion a fanboy. erth has a vita – at least he said that. he is extreme but not every opinion which isn´t yours makes someone else automatically a freaking fanboy.

that said, the ps store needed an upgrade desperatley. it was horrible. i really like the look of the new one. a bit marketplace like, but different enough, which is a good thing. looked as if it would really be a huge improvement. let´s just hope they can fix this soon.

15. Erthazus

Oh my god, Playstation fanbase at it’s full force. Awesome.

16. ManuOtaku

Erthazus welcome back man how was your trip?, i hope it was good, hey by the by, by any chance did you saw/read the Happy Wars Thread? :)

17. mojo

we have still have the new store.

Looooong load time is only when u first start it.

The search is horrible.
    After every letter it jumps all the way to the top, which is decouraging.
    download of demos takes ages to initiate..
    going trough several pages of ads just to reach the categories on the right is complete bullshit.

All in all one step forward two steps back.

18. Kuwabara

Bloody whining idiots. works amazingly fine for me. a 2 second early start up doesnt bother me one bit. And i prefer the look over the xbox 360 one.

19. Gadzooks!

#18

Well at least we know you didn’t lose your job at Sony in today’s 2000 headcount firing.

Keep defending the undefendable, soldier. Fly that flag!

20. Kuwabara