Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation has a disguise mechanic

Wednesday, 17th October 2012 23:07 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Just when I thought I couldn’t possibly be any more excited for Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation, it turns out you can play dress-ups.

As detailed on the PS Blog, Aveline has at least three “personas” at her command. Dressed as a poor labourer, she can pass unnoticed among crowds of workers, slaves and indentured servants, and even call on the crowds to riot a little if necessary. In high-fashion formal wear, she can pass in the snobbiest places.

Unfortunately, both of those personas restrict how many weapons Aveline can carry, so the default assassin grab sounds like the most fun. Plus, that hat. Check out some images of the different personas below.

Assassin’s Creed 3: Liberation is a Vita tie-in due at the end of October. It’s the first in the series to star a female assassin and basically ticks every single one of my boxes.

1. SlayerGT

Ticks every one of your boxes? :) I love the sign offs Brenna. I’m so use to seeing “blah blah is out for blah blah blah on blah blah”. Idk it just makes me laugh..I guess cause its unexpected?? Anyways, hope we get your thoughts on the game once you’ve had a chance to play it. The question is..this, or ACIII?? Which will you play first. Since Ubi’s marketing had the brilliant idea of releasing them on the same day.

2. Brenna Hillier

I’m getting them both, of course, because I’m a massive fan of the franchise and have no money sense at all. I’ll probably play AC3 first in a couple of long, obsessive sessions, and then do Liberation more slowly, while I’m away from my gaming den.

I’m taking a vacay in December and won’t have my consoles with me, so that’s when I’m going to smash the Vita backlog. Still haven’t finished Sound Shapes, Gravity Rush, about half a dozen more.

3. SameeR_Fisher

Maybe it is just me, but I really like this idea, blending in with the crowds using this mechanic seems far better than what we got regularly in AC series, I mean a hodded man/woman hiding with fancy cloth among poor people is really suspicious, but changing close to be more like the people around sounds like an amazing idea, a more realistic one as well, beside the Vita shots shows the player actually doing normal acts to blend in, making the mechanic even more realistic, I wouldn’t mind sacrificing some weapons, cause AC Combat isn’t that hard at all.

4. SlayerGT

Excellent! :) Well I hope we’ll get your first impressions after you’ve put some time in.

5. Dragon246

Actually this was announced earlier, not the numbers, but the premise of personas.
    There are many hands on previews floating around. You can look at them.

6. RaisinBran

Disguise is suppose to be apart of being an assassin. I don’t consider running and walking around with a white rob and a hoodie stealthy at all ;)

7. Puggy

Or sitting down on a bench/walking among other people with your head lowered. ;D

Never the less, the disguise thing sounds nice, depending on how it will be implented, it could be fun.