DayZ standalone: first images show houses, interiors

Monday, 15th October 2012 16:09 GMT By Dave Cook

DayZ standalone creator Dean Hall has revealed the first in-game shots of the games interior locations, and houses from the outside. Check out the shots below.

Hall revealed the shots over at the DayZ standalone development blog.

VG247 recently interviewed Hall about development of DayZ Standalone, and he said that the final release could be missing some features from the current version. Check it out here:

1. KrazyKraut

So…how the game works? Is it some Co-op RPG style (with or without XP) or PVP…or..what exactly? TIA

2. Dave Cook

@1 no XP, no quests. You just go into the sandbox and try to survive. Average survival time is tracked on the game’s website. It’s just over an hour before people are either killed by zombies, raided by other players, betrayed, die of hunger, die of thirst, die of disease and so on.

It’s brutal, but if you’re good enough you can become a legend.

3. KrazyKraut

Oh…okay. Thank you very much Dave. So a real Zombie Apocalypse Sim^^
    Sounds..challenging.

4. Dave Cook

@3 yeah really about survival. You need to scavenge loads, and when night comes it’s pitch black outside. Have to make light and such. Very interesting. And the map is massive, hundreds of kilometres square.

5. KrazyKraut

@4 Great!

6. TheBlackHole

I’m less concerned about the graphics and more about the terrible user interface.

7. deathm00n

I find weird everything is so “normal” in these photos, it doesn’t look like a zombie apocalypse, when it was a mod it was okay, because they couldn’t replace the textures of everything. But now as a full game it will still look like people just went out for holiday and zombies appeared, but they were polite enough to not mess with people’s stuff?

Not even a little stain of blood is seen in the screenshots. I hope the city is more realistic in terms of apocalypse

8. jacobvandy

@8 Well he says these are not final textures or even lighting effects… they’re still going around and editing all the buildings to make them enter-able.

9. Nath_gamer

I hope this does eventually see it’s way onto the PS3, we need more zombie games, I’m not even kidding, if you can name me 2 FPS Zombie games on PS3 I’ll give you a T-shirt that says “He was wrong and I am right”

10. Levester

@4 “scavenge loads” had me rolling.

11. Dave Cook