Borderlands 2 DLC season pass to cost $30

Thursday, 30th August 2012 03:30 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Borderlands 2 is expected to spawn four major DLC packs, and a $30 season pass will grant you access to all of them, Kotaku reports. The news first broke via the GameStop Conference but was confirmed by Gearbox. Expect more details when an official announcement is made ahead of the shooter RPG hybrid’s September launch on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

1. alexfranco60

that only means one thing… i’ll wait for Borderlands 2 GOTY

2. Phoenixblight

Does that include Mechnomancer? Is it that DLC + 4 additional DLC? Does the Season Pass just cover the additional DLC? That what I want to know. I don’t want to get it and it includes the new class when I am already getting it for free for preordering the game.

3. ejams

@2 – My thoughts exact. Please find out more info about this guys, I’d be happy to get it if it included all new DLC and not the one were getting free.

4. Brenna Hillier

@3 like the article says, we’ll know more when an official announcement is made. This info leaked from the GameStop conference and Gearbox said “yep it’s true”, but it hadn’t been detailed.

5. ejams

Oh okay then thanks a bunch, they did 4 actual DLC addons for the last one so it would seem likely for this one on top of the Mechromancer.

Let’s just hope the creature slaughter dome ain’t in there either :/

6. alterecho

@1 That would be wise.

7. freedoms_stain

@2, I would expect the 4 dlc to refer to expansions on the scale of the dlc for the 1st game, Mechromancer wouldn’t fit in to that category, and I would expect it to be worth a lot less than $7

8. drewbles82

GOTY for me then, by then you get all DLC, usually its patched and it will probably be less than $30

9. ps3fanboy

more things they didnt bother to include with the game on release… i think i pass on buying this. its milking and flogging the customers wallet.

10. Maximum Payne

@9 Borderlands DLC’s are actually one of the best dlc released.
    Only better dlc were I think it was for GTA.

11. freedoms_stain

@10, definitely.

3 of the 4 Borderlands dlc packs were completely new large world areas with their own setting and unique campaign stories, and compared to most other games, the pricing was great.

12. roadkill