Angry Birds Trilogy to get DLC on top of $40 asking price

Tuesday, 28th August 2012 09:15 GMT By Dave Cook

Angry Birds Trilogy – a compilation that includes Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio – will sell for $40 on home consoles and $30 on 3DS. The collection will include less content than the cheaper iOS versions, but Activision has confirmed to Kotaku that the games will also receive DLC on top of the starting package.

Kotaku reports that Angry Birds Trilogy is not just a rehash. It comes with 19 new levels, 1080p visuals, motion control support, achievements and other secrets. It’s still a huge leap in cost over the mobile versions.

The report adds that Activision has two DLC packs planned for Angry Birds Trilogy, but there is no word on if the DLC will be free, or what it will add to the overall package.

What’s your take on this? Pure greed, or does the move satisfy the supply/demand for more Angry Birds?

1. JimFear-666

For me its pure greed but it doesnt surprise me knowing its activision who is behind that. They even sell you dlc for Thps and the sad thing about it is that people will still be stupid enough to buy it…

2. KrazyKraut

Pure greed. I will get the collection for PS3, because my girl still play the Mini version and to play with the controller (on 360 too) is the best way to play it.

But no DLCs…thats pure greed. I think its even stupid that they did not included the Space version.

3. G1GAHURTZ

Did somebody say rip off…?

$40, eh?

I think I’ll stick to the iOS version, thanks.

4. freedoms_stain

@2, Why buy it then?

If everybody voted with their wallet instead of accepting this sort of bullshit, it wouldn’t be as commonplace.

5. OrbitMonkey

I love gems like this. Its value will drop quicker than a strippers knickers, on the second hand market :-)

6. AHA-Lambda

This is probably one of the most shameless things I’ve seen from ATVI actually, and I’m surprised to say that.

7. drewbles82

i just play on my android phone for free. not gonna get me to pay since i can get it free

8. minxamo

If ONE SINGLE PERSON buys this piece of shit, I’m going to kill myself, and then them.

9. mojo

even for free on android the game is boring..

10. OrbitMonkey

@8, Their is a slight problem with your plan…