Yamuchi wary of giving timeframe for Gran Turismo 6

Monday, 13th August 2012 12:13 GMT By Nick Akerman

Kazunori Yamauchi, series producer on Gran Turismo 6, is wary of providing a timeframe for the game’s release.

During Saturday’s Gran Turismo 5 Asia Championship 2012 event, Yamauchi confirmed he won’t be spilling the beans any time soon.

“If I carelessly say when it will be released, you’ll end up with people saying things like ‘it’s been delayed again!?’ so I will no longer say at this type of event.”

After continued delays to GT5, this is probably a wise idea. Thanks, Andriasang!

1. viralshag

My guess is 2018.

2. Ali

Actually I don’t care.

3. flashfv

Developers should wait until they can completely confirm a games release date instead of getting ahead of themselves.

4. flashfv

@2 You care because you took the time to comment lol.

5. Ali

@4 Lol, actually when I 100% don’t care about something I post that. Never been a fan of GT.

6. Gadzooks!

Wonder how many HD fleecings and prologue ripoffs they will release before the actual game.

Shambolic just doesnt cover it, and the end result likely wont be worth it again.

GT is just so stale now. Not to mention shoddy as fuck.

7. Deacon

They need to bring someone in to provide a completely new interface for GT6 – whenever it come about.

It’s a crime to have such a refined racing game bogged down under several layers of shit, slow, unintuitive menus.

I don’t see how they could improve on the gameplay itself, so just completely re-work the UI and MP and :boom: – GT6!

8. DrDamn

They need to pass it on to a new team completely I think. Needs a fresh set of eyes. They seem to be too close to see.

9. mojo

the menu just needs to be faster and should have a drop down shurtcut list on every page. then it would be perfekt.
    in essence, it should just be a lot faster

10. ManuOtaku

Instead of timeframe it will be timetravel, is so long ahead that we should travel in time in order to play it.

11. ysleiro

Asian devs lost their footing to western devs; that’s just the truth of it.

I don’t see how Sony keeps supporting these LONG projects.

12. Da Man

It isn’t a shoddy release with an overly long development time, it’s a different culture of making quirky videogames.

13. ysleiro

@12 But they aren’t even able to release updated versions in a timely manner.

This guy’s excuse is always perfectionism yet GT5 is far from perfect and came with GT4 renders.

14. Da Man

Sorry, I was being ironic.

15. HauntaVirus

2018 is actually a fair guess.

16. TD_Monstrous69

All I will say is for GT6, they need to stop short-changing when it comes to designing envoironments. Because outside of London, Rome, and the Tokyo Night driving course, everything else just looked like PS2 era GT games.