Mass Effect 3: Leviathan DLC reveals the origins of the reapers, Firefight Weapons Pack hits Aug 7

Thursday, 2nd August 2012 20:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Word out of the EA Summer Showcase event has pegged Mass Effect 3: Leviathan, the upcoming single-player DLC, will expand upon the events with “powerful weapons and unique upgrades,” along with story.

According to the blurb handed to Kotaku: “Players will be able to discover more about the origins of the reapers as they race across the galaxy to unravel the mystery that surrounds the fabled Leviathan.”

Details on the DLC were pulled out of DLC files hidden in the Extended Cut DLC last month.

More information should be made available soon, and you can watch Bioware chat about it in the clip from the EA Summer Showcase below.

Meanwhile, the Firefight Weapons Pack will release on August 7.

1. Wezzulus

We better end up fighting some capital Reaper ships. It’s bloody foolish that in ME3, the most iconic Reaper ship never got fought in game.:’)

2. TheWulf

Except by everyone in loads of cutscenes, you mean?

The Normandy isn’t a warship, it’s more of a scouting ship… so other than for the final battle, why would they even?

3. Wezzulus

Because they are the Reapers we wanted to fight? Everyone wanted to fight Harbinger for starters, after all, ME2 made him out to be the enemy, but no.

And that 40 second bit of Reapers and ships flying to eachother, please… That’s hardly satisfying.

4. Stephany Nunneley

A video of it pulled from the EA Showcase has been added, along with the Firefight Weapons Pack date.

5. Joe_Gamer

I just can’t bring myself to care about Mass Effect anymore. More DLC containing story elements that should have been in the actual game? No way I’m supporting that kind of hack job game production.

6. Gheritt White

I think I might wait for the inevitable GoTY edition with *all* the DLC bundled before starting my second play-through. ME3 was loooooooong and there’s plenty to keep me entertained in the meantime.

7. friendlydave

@6 do you think there will be a GOTY edition for ME3? I might be wrong here but I don’t think there was any GOTY edition for the previous ME1/2 and the Dragon Age games…

8. OrbitMonkey

Their was only a GOTY for dragon age. But on topic, all these dlc packs that expand on the story… Well Shepard is pretty much out of it at the end, so do you have to load a previous save? Or start over? That sounds crap.

9. friendlydave

@8 ah ok didn’t know that.

My guess is it takes you to the save before the cut-off at the end.