Torchlight II has 4X the assets and playtime of Torchlight 1

Saturday, 21st July 2012 16:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Runic president Travis Baldree has posted a blog update for Torchlight II, detailing what the studio is currently working on. While all the framework and content is in place, the firm working on polishing the game in an effort to release it in late summer as planned. To quell any trepidation fans may have regarding the game, Baldree has posted an infographic comparing the first Torchlight to its successor. Looking it over, it’s no wonder the it’s taken the team what seems ages to finish it off: Torchlight II is four-times the scale of the first game as far as assets and playtime. In other words, it has 87% more of everything. Head here for a large version of the infographic.

1. LuLshuck

Does this game have coop on PC? the first game is really boring on xbox

2. OlderGamer

Yes it does Lul.

And the beta I was in was fantastic, this game is the real deal. It is also only priced at 20usd, making it even better.

3. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Yes. It will have cooperative multiplayer mode due to popular demand. :)

EDIT: As usual I am not as fast as everyone else…..wait…. ummm.. :p

4. GwynbleiddiuM

I’m so waiting for this :D

5. magnumfinger

Sadly, I just can’t stand its stupid graphics while playing its beta.

Still hoping for that epic ARPG in the coming years.

6. OlderGamer

GrimDawn(coming soon) from the folks that were in IronLore(TitanQuest, TQIM). Might be what your looking for Mag.

The graphics in Torchlight II don’t bother me, I really enjoyed the quirkyness and the range of colors. Diablo III not your thing, Mag? I rather enjoyed that too(still am).

7. HauntaVirus

The first one was anything but boring, co op would have added a few extra hours. I’ve honestly only used co op on Diablo 3 once, and it wasn’t even that fun.

8. OlderGamer

Have you tried co-op DiabloIII with someone you know Haunta? Makes a hella difference. I stoped playing the game after I got thru and beat diablo. Then my brother inlaw and his wife got the game, now we play as much as we can. It has really grown on me, esp co-op.