The team behind Mount & Blade’s popular With Fire and Sword expansion has turned its attention to the high seas with piratical RPG Carribbean.
Carribbean is the product of Snowbird Games, which grew out of With Fire and Sword developer Snowberry Connection. The team will be working alongside TaleWorlds, the original Mount & Blade developer, on the new game.
Snowbird is selling the concept as a fusion of Mount & Blade’s mechanics with the “golden age of piracy”, and is particularly keen on the sandbox aspect it seems, with promises of living precisely the kind of pirate lifestyle you want to.
Grab the main points from the PR blurb below and hit up Snowbird’s site for more information. Carribbean is expected on PC in September.
- Sea battles with intuitive and easy control system
- The real-time boarding fights that throw player in the centre of the action
- Detailed management and customization of both the fleet and the crew
- Complex siege system allowing the players to storm forts, harbors or entire cities
- Different kinds of artillery: shipboard cannons, mortars and howitzers
- Random events system that keeps players question their decisions during their voyage
- True ‘Carribean’ atmosphere of the vast and dangerous world
- Unique NPCs whose design based on the real historical figures
- Various multiplayer modes featuring the sea and land battles, boarding and sieges.
Thanks, PC Gamer.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.