The Binding of Isaac sales hit 700,000

Wednesday, 20th June 2012 15:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Binding of Isaac has now moved 700,000 units since it was released digitally less than a year ago. Developer Edmund McMillen seems pleased, and had this to say on the matter: “Who would have thought a game about an abused child fighting off his mother with his tears could ever sell 700k copies in less than a year? Not me, that’s for fucking sure. 700k is a big number… maybe its time to bring this thing to console (wink).” The game’s Wrath of the Lamb DLC released last month helped push the title over the mark, contributing a fifth to the overall sales of the title. A free update is also available for the game which adds more bosses, enemies, a hard to attain final ending cut scene, and more. Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Lord Gremlin

Dear god I spent 150 hours in this game. Insane. And awesome. ! item away from Platinum god now, looks like it’s Infestation I’m missing.
    I will buy it again for Vita regardless of price, so addicting.

2. DSB

It is an addictive little game.

3. Ireland Michael

It’s a fucking terrible game.

I have no idea what any sees in this title at all. It’s crude, horrible and poorly designed.

4. DSB

@3 I don’t think it’s poorly designed. It’s twitch action. How fast and precise you are with your fingers determines how far you get.

It’s not any kind of revelation, and it is very barebones, but I think it’s great if you can accept it as such.

Reminds me of playing on the Gameboy.

5. ManuOtaku

I hope this game comes to PSN and/or XBLA, rather than handhelds, just to see how this game is, and why is the reason nintendo didnt allow it on their console, iam courious.

6. silkvg247

@3 It’s terrible in such that he wrote it in flash and it can feel a tad laggy.

In my first 30 mins I wasn’t impressed either.

But now I have 60 hours clocked, so there must be something about it. :p