Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin releasing June 14

Tuesday, 29th May 2012 21:38 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Paradox and Arrowhead Game Studios have announced the Magicka DLC, The Other Side of the Coin currently in developed with Pieces Interactive, will be released on June 14 for $4.99.

The DLC allows players to take on the role of the bad guy, Alucart the Vampire, as he and his henchman – The Necromancers – attempt to sabotage the already terrible relations between humans, elves, and dwarves.

Here’s some gameplay features:

• One exciting new story challenge set among beautiful new elven architecture.
  • Four new challenge maps playing as necromancers: World’s End, Volcano Hideout, OSOTC Arena and the Mirror Crystal Cavern Hideout.
  • Necromancer introduced to PvP.
  • New achievements.
  • Innovative and dynamic spellcasting system with thousands of possible combinations.
  • Up to four player co-op in all game modes as well as single player option.
  • Experience the parody and satire of a cliché fantasy world.

Check out the screenshots and video for the DLC below.

1. DSB

So, why aren’t we playing this like sick monkeys on Steam?

2. Stephany Nunneley

No idea. I need to get it, I really do.

3. TheWulf

Wait, what? Tracula?

Well that sparked some interesting mental images of a cheesy horror rhythm videogame.

4. DSB

@3 Have you met Vlad? He is NOT a vampire.

Really, Magicka is one of the most witty games out there. I rescued a village, and for my heroic actions the villagers gave me an M-60 machinegun (up until then it had been a fantasy game).

Naturally, I killed all the villagers with said M-60, and the game gave me an achievement for it.

5. roadkill

@4 Oooh, so there’s an achievement for that. Thanks for the info. I shall have to get it then. :)

6. AHA-Lambda