Bethesda announces October launch for Dishonored

Thursday, 10th May 2012 15:02 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Bethesda’s announced it’ll release Dishonored on October 9 in the US and October 12 in the UK.

It’ll also come to PS3, 360 and PC in Australia and New Zealand on October 11.

The publisher also confirmed the Arkane supernatural shooter will be playable for press at E3 next month.

“We are pleased that Dishonored has captured people‚Äôs attention,” said Bethesda president Vlatko Andonov.

“We are looking forward to sharing lots more information about the game leading up to its launch in October, and having a hands-on build of Dishonored in our booth at E3!”

The date announcement follows a recent blowout on the game. We chatted to Harvey Smith and Raf Colantonio about it here.

Get the box-art for it below.

1. Edo

There you go :) !

2. AHA-Lambda

I am seriously getting sick of an industry that only seem to operate for the last 3 months of the damn year! Is there ANYTHING coming out between Max Payne 3 and RE6? Anything?!

3. nofear360

No GTA V this year, there you go!

4. Edo

@2 Darksiders 2 ,Far Cry 3,Borderlands 2 to name a few…

5. Maximum Payne

@2 Aliens,Xcom,Diablo 3 :P , Battlefield 3 DLC’s…
    But I agree I am sick of that also.
    Cool cover btw.

6. Edo

@5 Aliens and X-Com still don’t have a release date.

7. Johnny Cullen

@2 How does that signify no GTA V for this year? :/

8. Wychodzew

I bet my left nut that this game ends up being poorly optimized for the PS3, just like Skyrim. No doubt.

9. YoungZer0

I just can’t help myself but remain completely uninterested in this game.

10. Hunam

It’s not using the fallout/skyrim engine, so it shouldn’t have those problems.

11. The_Red

Holy mother of awesome, that is one sick box art.
    Also, can’t wait for this game. With Bioshock Infinite going to 2013, we can at least enjoy Dishonored for our share of ultimate awesomeness.

12. Wychodzew

@Hunam
    My bad. It’s not even being developed my Bethesda, but Arkane Studios.

13. OrbitMonkey

Well it’s going to have a lot more breathing room, now that Bioshock Infinite has dropped to Feb 2013.

Don’t think gamers could really handle two first person adventures set in a steam punk setting.

And yes I know it’s prolly not steam punk per se, but I can’t be bothered to correct it ;-)

14. nofear360

@7: I typed that really fast and with little thought involved (I’m in class currently) – in the heat of the moment I stupidly thought Bethesda is owned by Take-Two – don’t ask.

But I think now it’s even less likely, since this will be quite a game. Or look at it this way – yet another title releasing in October alongside Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Assassin’s Creed 3. And then there’s Borderlands 2 (a Take-Two title) at the end of September – no way will Take-Two allow GTA V and Borderlands 2 to release that close.

It just doesn’t make sense to release GTA V this year from the business. perspective.

15. manamana

^ nothing gets in the way of a new GTA.

16. nofear360

True, but that’s not what Take-Two wants. They want all the revenue they can get. If they can release the game in a release window with little to no games in sight, they will do so. Why go against the holiday season which is packed with quality releases and risk harming your true sales potential? Again – GTA V this year = no sense, won’t happen.

17. Jet Black

Bet you PS3 version is shit…

18. Lewis247

Wow people still not knowing the difference between publishers and devlopers, Seems like every game published by Bethesda people go all derpy…

Seriously though this game will be so bad ass, Have so much high hopes for it. I’m looking forward to this and a few others so much more than games like assasins creed 3 and so on.

19. GwynbleiddiuM

Another Bethesda game that starts in Prison :D

but I bet you guys it’ll be better than the shit Rebellion made a few years back, it still wont be any huge IMO.