Nintendo reports first ever annual loss, 3DS sells 17m LTD

Thursday, 26th April 2012 08:57 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Nintendo has reports its first ever annual loss at a net loss of ¥43.2 billion (£328.7 million/$531.1 million), a lower than expected figure compared to what was previously predicted thanks to strong 3DS sales. Sales were at ¥647 billion (£4.92 billion/$7.97 billion).

The company also recorded a 36.2% drop on sales compared to FY2011.

Total sales of Nintendo 3DS during FY2012 were 13.53 million, with software at 36 million. LTD, 3DS sales are now at 17.13 million with software at 45.4 million units. Sales of the system had exceeded 5 million units LTD in Japan.

The vanilla DS line – DS, DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL – sold 5.1 million hardware units and 60.82 million software units in the FY. In its lifespan, the line has sold 151.52 million hardware units combined and 900.31 million units in software.

For Wii, Nintendo reported hardware sales of 9.84 million units in the FY with software at 102.37 million. Lifetime to date, Wii’s now sold 95.85 million units and 818.46 million software units.

For FY2013, Nintendo has predicted it will stop selling 3DS “below cost” by the middle of the fiscal year – around September – and expects to make a profit on each unit sold by then. It follows a massive price-cut for the system last August that was put in place to boost flagging sales of the handheld.

Its predicted hardware sales of 18.5 million and 73 million software for 3DS in the next 12 months. Nintendo has also predicted net sales of ¥820 billion and an operating income of ¥35 billion for the year ending March 31, 2013.

Nintendo has big releases planned for the year ahead to help strengthen 3DS sales, including New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3DS in August, Animal Crossing for 3DS this fall, Brain Age 3DS this summer in Japan. It also plans to continue pushing older titles, including Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land.

All of this is before the planned release of Wii U later this year.

Get the full report here.

1. CPC_RedDawn

This is nothing to Nintendo. It is not as if they don’t have buckets of cash to dish out.

I predict that if at E3 in June the Wii U comes out with all guns blazing and has strong true 3rd party support from core developers making core games (not just casual games) and they revamped the controller to allow more than one to connect to the system and they make the screen multi-touch then this will be a very small bump in the road for Nintendo.

Being first off the bat this time will surely help them, and I hope to god that the Wii U is even just a little bit more powerful than the PS3 and 360 then the people who have been craving for new more powerful hardware will jump on board.

Here is what Nintendo need to do:

#1 multitouch screen on controller
    #2 Be at LEAST as powerful if not 10-20% more powerful than current gen
    #3 Have strong core 3rd party support
    #4 Have a strong launch line up of first party titles such as Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc
    #5 Offer a MUCH MUCH better online experience than before, include profiles, web browser, facebook, twitter, lovefilm, netflix, allow for movie files to be played back and also INCLUDE A DAMN HARD DRIVE!!! (at least 120-250GB).

and finally #6 Do what they do best and market and advertise the hell out of the Wii U.

I know Nintendo never sell a piece of hardware at a loss, that changed with the 3DS, but I think they need to take a little loss on Wii U. Not as much of a loss as 360 and PS3 took when first released, but a small loss in order to better entice people into buying the console.

If they check ALL these boxes they will be top of the charts once again. But I do not think this will happen.

2. ManuOtaku

#1 “This is nothing to Nintendo. It is not as if they don’t have buckets of cash to dish out”.

Maybe what you say has some true in it, but i think it will have some impact, remember nintendo doenst have more divisions and/or products to support that many losses in their gaming division, like the other two, becuase gaming is their primary and only main activity.

As for the what nintendo has to do i dont agree with number 1 and 5, especially number 5 in particular, it is a tricky one, i do believe in the online part we will see an overall improvement, and the 3DS is an indication of this, but i dont think they need to go the 360 route, and i mean with a lot of other media things, adds, etc, i think that is not the most important aspect, i think gaming related issues are more important and they need to address those rather that multimedia aspects, as for the hard drive, i dont think the new console need it that badly if they allow easy and cheap solutions to have big external memories instead.

3. Deacon

I’m genuinely really interested to see how the next two years pan out for Ninty.

On the one hand I can see people buying the WiiU. And while not the innovation that the Wii was, it could certainly provide some pretty unique experiences. The spec isn’t of huge significance, although I’d guess that there are a LOT of people eager to jump up the next gen. And the WiiU doesn’t seem to fall into that category.

I want it to do well.

Problem for me is that it’s not a unique selling point (Vita + PS3 can surely provide the same kind of experience). I’d be surprised if the price tag is going to be sub-£200. And are people going to pay even £200 when they have a larger more anticipated expense of their NextBox or PS4 looming?

Nintendo never fail to surprise me though. I never thought the 3DS would sell like it has (god damn gimmick).

No-one likes a loss, but going forward there’s still everything to play for.

4. OlderGamer

Nintendo is the only game company left making hardware.

We all see what MS si doing to change the dynamic and identity of its xbox brand. Their foucs is on a lot more then just games. From movies to mucis, to adverts to fees for as much as they possibly can.

The fear I have with Sony is that they have been chasing MS this whole gen. And my gut tells me that they would switch places with MS in a flash if they could.

I worry that someday MS and Sony(maybe even Apple) will take the industry somewhere so far away from video games that we won’t recongize it. All in an effort to maximize revenue at every possible juncture. Adverts while gaming? Again, if that works, how long before Sony follow suit? It pisses me off that they(MS) are even thinking like that.

So I would like to caution Nintendo haters, be very careful what you wish for.

As an example, rember when consoles online sounded great? We thought it meant buy a game, toss it in the system, play with other gamers. Now it is more complex then that. It looks like it could get worse. Thats what I mean when I say “taking the industry in a direction where we wouldn’t recongize it”. All we wanted to do was buy a game and play it online, like the PC had been doing(back on the ps1/dreamcast/xbox days). Now we have online fees, with held content as DLC, 100k online play passes, restrictive drm, and who knows whats next.

A game company offers you a game to play and enjoy. A pure biz company offers you a game and then figures out every possible way to get as much cash out of you as they can.

I think Nintendo will be fine. I think they have a lot riding on this E3 and the launch of their next console. It could be a very pivitol point in time for the games industry.

Just imagine for a moment, if MS where the only console maker. Cause I tell you Sony has problems(that I hope they fix). Just think of the joy you would have if you only had a MS system to play. Fees everywhere on everything.

5. Deacon

Good post OG.

You could think of it from the point of view that people expect their £200+ grey box to do more than just play games these days. And that sadly is where Nintendo could do with a little boost. I know all those with families or on a budget will be a lot more likely to invest in a console if it not only plays games but also acts as a hub for their broader entertainment needs.

Now that’s not to say I wouldn’t buy a piece of hardware JUST to have it to play games – I most definitely would. But for me Nintendo need to keep up with the pack when it comes to third party releases and games that cater to all sorts of players. I’m a huge fan of their first party roster, but I need access to the MGS series, the FF’s, Dark Souls etc. There’s a certain safety with MS & Sony in knowing that you’re likely to be able to play a lot of the same games. Come 2013/14 when the TRUE next gen starts (yeah yeah, PC-aside), is the WiiU going to be getting these same games? Even if so will it be a cut-down version to accommodate the inferior tech?

I agree with your comments on revenue and ads 100%. And as someone who tends to play mainly SP and rarely buying at launch, I haven’t had any memorable problems or gripes on this front. I certainly wouldn’t be happy paying for my online profile a la XBL, but that’s just me.

I think whatever Nintendo do they’ll still be Nintendo. If forced, it would be interesting to see what they would do with the sort of unit cost of the next Playstation. I mean, if they were going to launch a console in league with the next big two, would it be a streamlined powerhouse without all the media-shit? Or would it be WiiU but with an endless stream of plastic peripherals and attachments falling out of the box?

I do miss the simplicity and pure gaming joy of the SNES and N64. No fucking achievements, no stat-tracking, friend-sharing, add-ons and DLC. Just pure untainted games.

Oh boy do they have a lot riding on this years E3!!! o_O

6. stealth

What I got out of it was this…….

1) The losses were 300 million less than what analysts predicted…….so much for them huh

2) The 3ds is kicking ass

7. Da Man

#4 – What nonsense..

So apparently ads and greed takes away anything from gaming. And apparently the fact that Wii Fit is one of the best sellers, as well as that the likes of Wii Fit single-handedly helped move Wii units for years means Nintendo are enthusiastic guys who would of course become a free theatre if the could. They just can’t.

Toy patriots.

8. ManuOtaku

#7 sorry you are comparing one game, just one nintendo game, that is not focus on gaming per se, and i think is the only nintendo IP that do this, i mean that it doesnt have gaming at is core, i dont know myself i didnt had played the game, but lets say it is that way, to an increasing interface on a game system, an interface that it is there 24/7 on your console, it think both are not on the same level IMHO, for compare purposses.

9. OlderGamer

You have it all wrong Da man.

Last I checked Nintendo had seven of the top ten best selling games this generation.

Also, your going to love this one but Kinect Adventures sold 18million copies, making it one of the xb 360 systems top selling games.

Wii Fit sold 22million copies.

Hold on to your hat:

Mario Kart Wii sold 39million copies. Wii Sports Resort(the one NOT packed in) sold 30million copies.

I know not 100% fool proof, but the best we have.

I also never said Nintendo were such great saints that they would give away their wares if only they could. Thats you being pissed. I said that I feel Nintendos main focus is video games. Not Zune. Not piles of apps(to charge for). They aren’t interested in being your new cable TV provider. They aren’t interested in plastering adverts all over the place. Your not going to see a McDonalds comercial.

They just focus on making games.

Thats what I want. I already have cable TV. I have Netflix(on Wii/PS3/PC) that I don’t need a xbl sub to enjoy. I have a smart phone and a PC, I don’t need my games system to pretend to be one(charging me extra for the illusion). At some basic level I just want to turn the damn thing on, and play games on it. Thats what I buy a game system for.

That being said there is value in having stuff like Netflix. So long as I don’t have to pay extra to use it. DVD players r nice, but I wouldn’t use a game console for that anyways. Each system only has so many disc spins before something wears out. I buy dvd players and use them, they are much easier and cheaper to replace then a game system.

10. Telepathic.Geometry

My two cents:

The gaming world would be just wrong without Ninty, so I hope that they pull the fat out of the fire, but I think the modern gaming economy is a dangerous boneyard, and maybe of the mighty have already fallen. Apple (and Android I guess) have already done a lot of damage to Ninty’s mobile gaming business, which has propped up Ninty in the past, but the real problem is this:

For me, Ninty used to offer things that Nintendo couldn’t, but now, it’s PS3 (just in my case) that are offering the games that Ninty can’t or won’t. It used to be that I NEEDED Zelda and Metroid and Mario, but I would say that now I NEED Demon’s Souls, Dead Space, Kingdoms of Amalur, Uncharted, Batman, Skyrim, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Bioshock, Deus Ex, Vanquish, Borderlands, Infamous, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Portal 2 and Mass Effect.

I’m sorry but every single one of those games is fucking gold in my eyes, and despite the fact that I truly love those unique games that only Nintendo can make, just look at that raft of AAAs. Both Xbox and the PC have a good number of those titles, and a few gems of their own, but Nintendo doesn’t. That’s a hell of a disadvantage. 3rd party has never been so good IMO.

So to justify the price of the console, I don’t want to be just playing Wii U games. I expect to be able to play my Wii (okay) and GC (not okay) games too. I expect DVD/BRD playback. I expect an online infrastructure worth a shit.

And honestly, as much as I love Nintendo, they are always pinching those pennies.

There’s no hope of multi-touch, of a Wii-U unit supporting two tablets, of GC BC being included, of having a hard-drive or of the Wii-U having a respectable online service. I WANT to be wrong, but Ninty always cheap out WAY more than they need to. :(

Sorry for the rant. It’s because I love Nintendo that I get so disappointed by them. I grew up on NES, SNES as a kid, N64 as a university student, GC as a graduate, and Wii as a member of the work-force, but the love affair looks to be over… :’(

11. ManuOtaku

#10 dont worry man, i understand your feelings, but i dont share the sentiment, either way i think that might change as soon as you see pikmin 3 and a couple surprises on E3 8D

12. Telepathic.Geometry

Fuck man, Pikmin is like my kryptonite, I just can’t resist those little guys.

13. Gekidami

Its pretty retarded to say a company who ruined all chances of third parties being interested in their platform and only release a considerably small amount of first party games, which are essentially the same games over and over, is pushing the industry forward or even important. Fact is, Nintendo could become a third party publishers and it would make no difference, we dont need an extra box just to play their little selection of games. Nintendo is the ‘conservative party’ of gaming, they’re dead against anything progressive for games, and their fans care more about nostalgia then originality.

Same goes for their apparently lack of greed; making the cheapest hardware possible and re releasing the same games over and over because they work and are a given to make money is pretty fucking greedy.

14. OlderGamer

Time will tell. This is the first E3 I am looking forward to in a long time.

I am optimistic when thinking about Nintendos next system.

But I am a bit nervious when thinking about MSs next offering. It could be a one arm bandit with a credit card slot the way that company is going.

I don’t know what to think about Orbis yet. I am just hoping it isn’t 800usd and have a PS+ requirment.

I am jaded and tend to be a cynic.

I liked the Wii, and I expect more of the same from Nintendo with a few areas for improvement.

I see where MS is now, and I don’t like it. I see talk of what they plan to do, and I don’t like it. I don’t like where they are going.

I like the current state of the PS3. I am leaving the door open to what Sony might have in mind. But Sony, unlike nintendo, are more likly to bend and mimic what MS is doing. The two of them really are trying to be the same system. In that regaurd I am concerned. I don’t wanna see PSNPlus be the next Live Gold for example.

So the age old advice applies, wait and see. Time will tell.

15. Deacon

@10 – I think you’re in a similar boat to me dude. Although it’s a very selfish wish, the thing that would please me most is for Nintendo to go software-only!

That, or spec-wise they get back into the ring with the big boys so as to ensure they get the same third party opportunities.

16. OlderGamer

Gek have you played a Call of Duty? A Halo? An Uncharted? Can’t talk about same game over and over and only point fingers at Nintendo.

One thing you can say tho, is that Nintendo games often bring a new mechanic to the table. Call them gimicks or whatever, but Wii had motion controls. And WiiU has a tablet built into its controler.

They could be brushed aside as pointless crap, ‘cept Sony copied Wii Motes with Move. Vita works like a WiiU controler. And MS is pushing Kinect like a dealer on the street.

You guys wanna know the traditionaly biggest reason Nintendo doesn’t have thrid parties flocking to their system? The truth? Because Nintendos own franchises eat up the sales. How would you like to release a game in the same holiday shoping season as a new Zelda game? Or wonder why your newest(wanna talk about recycled games) NFS can’t compete with Mario Kart(thats been out for two years).

Combine that with a complete lack of commited dev resources(you can’t out sell SSB with a rushed port). You have to go all in. And you have to do it with quality games.

PS3 and xb360 are the same systems, trying to do the same things, selling to the same demographics. The reason the third parties work there is no one is that Sony and MS don’t have franchises that sell 25Plus million. Nintendo has several.

17. OrbitMonkey

I heard a rumour that OG has a Official Nintendo seal of approval tattoo on his left buttock…

18. ManuOtaku

#17 nah dont believe that rumor, at OG´s age, the chances of being a tattoo of another thing entirely are really high, maybe with the time passed it appears to look like the nintendo seal of approval, but it wasnt like that in his prime, maybe it was a name of a former lover like ***Nina Tendona** or something on those lines
    p.s OG just kidding man ok

19. Gekidami

Looks like i gave someone a sharp lower back pain.

Its quite funny to say that the Wii is a stunning new mechanic that totally changes the way Nintendos usual games play… When the vast majority of those games actually play using the Wiimote on its side as a normal pad. Same goes for the games on DS, they play using very little of the consoles features. So no, sorry, that doesnt work.

Oh and, all of those games you listed? They at least try new things and each have the effort of a story and narrative in each game. Nintendo doesnt care, they’ll make another Mario with World 1-1 AGAIN, with a desert area AGAIN, with a forest area AGAIN, with an under water area AGAIN, with the dungeons AGAIN. Their business model is abusing nostalgia and idiots hooked on the past, such as yourself. You can point out other games and genres being milked all you want, Nintendo invented the diary farm.

20. Erthazus

^Said a guy who play a lot of Call Of Duty.

BAZINGA!

Better to have Mario Game with the same forest level but GOOD level, then games like Resistance which are mediocre games. When you buy Mario you know what you are buying.

Something totally different is not always better.

21. Gekidami

^ You really want to compare our hours on CoD games? Because you already know yours are going to be higher than mine.

Oh and please shutup, you’re the first to say CoD shouldnt exist because its being milked, such a blatant double standard means your opinion is null and void.

22. ManuOtaku

#19, sorry but theres a lot of games that use the wiimote really great like zack & wikki, punch out, metroid prime 3, mario kart, the new zelda, pro evolution soccer 2009 and 2010,no more heroes, world of goo, trauma center, elibits, fragile,red steel 2 , the tiger woods games etc, on the DS we have kirbys canvas curse, ghost trick, beat agents, the professors layton, another code, hotel dusk and all the adventure games, meteors,TWEWY, and a bunch more i dont have the time to put here, but you get the point i will dare to say theres more games on the Ds that use the features than those who dont, on the wii is different, but they are plenty of games that use quite great those controls, in a lot of different types of games, (sports, music, first person shooters, adventure, puzzle, etc) it is pretty versatile.

23. Erthazus

@21, i never said that Call Of Duty should not exist. Call of Duty should be a better game and change a lot of stuff. It’s milked that’s true.

Mario on the other hand are new games and they have new mechanics. There are a lot of Mario games.

Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario games are completely different so your point is invalid about rehashes. Nintendo use it’s brand to sell games and they are smart, but it’s not stopping them to innovate.

24. Gekidami

And as that list shows, for the most part, you can thank third parties for taking the risk of using Nintendos own “revolutionary” tech. Nintendo were probably too busy making more Mario games. Hey! Dont forget to turn the Wiimote on its side! Nintendo sure aint gonna take the risks.

“But really it does not matter. If game is great, then why not? Why not to sell it?”
    Yeah, his English wasnt too great.

25. ManuOtaku

#24 and thats the way it was intended, give third developers new tools, and in that they succeed with the wii just like with the DS, thats the reason why they are selling good in both markets, it worked good if you ask me.
    p.s the wii and Ds were the most risky moves a company would took in the videogame market, and they did succeed, i hope the other companys will also make a 360 degree turn (no pun intended), like nintendo did with those, from a business perspective view of things, you can call it whatever you want, but they were risky as hell.

26. Erthazus

“CoD should change? They sell ‘great’ and score ‘great’, and as some guy once said:”

Same goes to Mario Games. So your @19 comment makes you a tard basically.

and yes, CoD games should change because they are bad. There is no reason to talk about that.

27. Gekidami

^ I was being flippant you idiot.

So Nintendo intended to make a platform, make all of their iconic games have very little use of said platforms features whilst letting third parties use them… Whilst at the same time turning their backs on third parties… I dont think you’ve thought your apologetics through.

28. ManuOtaku

#27, thats a missconception, nintendo didnt turn their back on third party, most of the third pary tittles sold better numbers on wii than on the other consoles, the lego games, all the music related games, pro evo on wii, etc, the only third party games that did strugle on the wii were the exclusive ones made for wii or that are available in the wii, like zack and wiki and little king story, but that will need further analysis, that just saying nintendo turn their back, theres has to be a lot of factors for that IMO.

29. Gekidami

“Most of the third pary tittles sold better numbers on wii than on the other consoles, the lego games, all the music related games, pro evo on wii, etc”
    Oh really? Thats a pretty big claim, especially in regards to Pro Evolution Soccer. So, got any sources?

30. ManuOtaku

#29 i dont have it right away, this is what i recall from an information on a related nintendo news site back in the day 2009, as soon as i find it i will posted it, if i dont i will also posted ok

31. Da Man

OlderGamer – I said that I feel Nintendos main focus is video games. Not Zune. Not piles of apps(to charge for). They aren’t interested in being your new cable TV provider.
    That I agree with. I wasn’t pissed, you just write way too long essays. Sometimes it’s hard to see where you’re going with everything..

So anyway.

I don’t really have it all wrong, all of the top selling Wii titles are crazy accessible, non competitive entertainment. Which wasn’t the case in the days of N64 or Super NIntendo. Accessibilty leads to video games being dumbed down. Not that Nintendo started doing it, just saying..

32. Da Man

Did I say Erthazus is retarded?

33. shogoz

for those of you that have just stumbled on these comments, this next exhibit shows nerds at their finest! what they do in their natural habitat ie what they refer to as “cyber space” is constantly voice their opinion while attacking others to assist to their “internet ego”. Once their “internet ego” has reached a critical stage, they may decide to do something constructive with their time such as attend a university/job. either that or they will kill themselves. although a woman may engage in “nerd rage” they are less likely to do so. this is because of the “male ego” which becomes more dominating over time until around the age of 40 (once a person has realised what they have done with their life is meaningless). at this age, they realise they have wasted this time in a chat room instead of going out and finding someone to have sex with and marrying them. It is a common and accepted fact that every internet user exhibiting this “nerd rage” constantly weeps into the arms of their blow up transgender doll while their genitals are licked by their cat. please know that there IS help and STILL hope for you all yet. here’s a website for those that think they exhibit nerd rage http://www.igotrapedasachildbutthatdidnthurtmyego.com PLEASE go to it and PLEASE call the number provided.

i hope you all get well.

34. OlderGamer

Fair enough Da Man.

Not sure I understand what you mean by “non competitive entertainment” tho?

Do you mean that their games don’t compete with other games becaus ethey are different, demographic wise? Or do you mean that the games themself are mostly sp experiences that don’t place any type of importance of mp elements?

I would say that their games are a mix of sp and mp. But their MP is focused on couch mp, instead of over the interwebs ;)

Mario Kart is one of their top selling games ths gen, and it is four player. SSB is also four player. Even the NSMB has nice four player elements. bBoth Kirby games on Wii are multiplayer.

I am just not sure I understand where your coming from on that one is all.

I fully agree with you on accesiblity. I have recently played the Diablo III beta for PC and it has the same problem/bonus(depending on how ya look at it).

But as for a Nintendo game, I like that I can pick it up and start enjoying it. Not all games end like that tho. I had a hella time beating Zelda and Metriod on Wii. But they start out fairly easy.

As for Gek and his comments. Haters gonna hate. Nice that you think people that enjoy games you don’t are idiots. Very mature and open minded. You, sir, are a true gamer ;)

I will say that as for new ways to control games with Wii Motes. Sure you hold the thing sideways like a classic NES/SNES pad. But could you ever shake those classic pads to free yourself from a trap/baddie? Could you ever ground pound by quickly moving the pad downward? Could you ever steer in Mario Kart by actualy moving the entire control pad? There is a lot more uses for Wii Mote then just point and shoot. And yes Nintendo makes very good use of them. I am excited to see what they can do with a tablet controler.

And for Orbit, it would be on my upper arm!

35. Da Man

I.. am not sure which is more embarassing, oblivious erthazuses sullying this website or those try hard sarcastic people whose level of spiritual enlightenment doesn’t go beyond sex and marriage.. In which case I don’t know if it ‘s for the better that the likes of you do visit the real world.

Yes the games themselves, that’s what I meant. I really don’t think there’s an MLG playlist in Mario Kart..

36. OlderGamer

I getcha, but just cause a game isn’t on tour doesn’t mean it doesn’t provide some good MP competitive fun. Mario Kart, four player is a great time, imo anyways.

37. Da Man

Videogames where you drive small cars aren’t as competitive as the ones where you aim the Battle Rifle at people.

More so kart racers are the least competitive of all racing games, even Blur is. They ‘re fun, they’re thrilling, whatever. But not competitive.

38. N7

Nintendo have always been the inovators of console evolution, the wii motion controle has morphed into the xbox kinect and sonys motion play. Nintendo has been in buisness for a long time, even the giant Sega fell, which was their only rival at the time. We forget that Nintendo helped sony create the CD ROM Drive that became the PSOne. Microsoft just stripped down a P.C. which was always great at the graffics (for their time, and have always moved on with the technology).They just had it easy, as the xbox is just a p.c. ready for games without the internet explorer. They added that through xbl with the 360. No matter what anyone says Nintendo have always, and always will lead all console companys to inovate and evolve. The xbox3 and ps4 will copy with 3D visuals (on a 3D tv only)without glasses. Who did it first? Nintendo. I also have a DVD player for films, sky box for tv, a p.c. for other media and all i want is a console to play games on. I dont need a do everything piece of hardware that i will have to pay lots more money for, just for the privilage of apps and networks. I want what a console should be… For playing games on. That i can only rely on Nintendo to do… And they will lead the way with inovative ways to play.

39. N7

Da Man, please! If you refer to CoD then get it real, most people who bought it or pre paid for the release date took it back within weeks and traded it for Battlefield3. MW3 was a cheep rehash of MW2. Not much creativity there, both in story or multiplayer. Most anticipated game ever! They said. “BOLLOCKS!” How many people of the 39M copys sold traded in Mario Kart? Answer… Very few! Online gaming might be fine, but there is nothing like getting a few mates round for a laugh infront of one tv with a fun game. The best games are fun to play in the company of friends and family, and always will be! Go Nintendo!