First Crysis 3 gameplay video does the rounds – watch

Tuesday, 24th April 2012 13:02 GMT By Johnny Cullen

EA’s released the first gameplay video for Crysis 3, as promised last week, showing more to it than the 19 second teaser originally showed.

The video shows New York City under now what is called the NYC Liberty Dome, constructed by Cell Corporation following the events at the end of Crysis 2.

A mix of both urban and jungle environments are shown, as Prophet is shown taking on the remaining Ceph.

Get the video below. Watch for more on Crysis 3 later this afternoon from EA’s European Showcase last week.

The shooter’s out next year for PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Kabby

Poor.

2. BULArmy

Totally unimpressive.

3. freedoms_stain

^^You formed an opinion out of that?

Ok then.

4. BULArmy

@3 The same UI from the last game, it looks again very linear and the same enemies. And I think the jungle thing is just to say: Look we have a jungle again. I really hope it turn well, but from this short trailer for me it was just – meh. Also compared to Cysis 2 teaser, first cinematic and first trailer is also – meh.

5. Telepathic.Geometry

What’s the hook for this game?

6. G1GAHURTZ

HD Metroid.

7. Christopher Jack

I’d be happy if it were linear, I like me some exploration.

8. absolutezero

I miss Nomad.

and Psycho.

9. Erthazus

Console footage with particles all over the place… and Totally unimpressive with “Best looking shooter” (c) Xbox 360 magazine.

That’s what console market do with once great PC developer in the past.

I’m so disappointed. Crysis 1 was so great on the PC, but this one is just have “M E H” all over it.

and Nano technology is stupid. Now it’s Nanosuit with Nano bow and nano arrows.

Come on, Crytek. What’s wrong with you?

@8, Nomad is Dead. Psycho is confirmed for this game at least in rumors.

10. KAP

Game developers, artists etc must look at these negative comments for a damn teaser an think: really?

I once saw the teaser for Batman the dark knight an thought Joker looks dreadful how could he possible turn out as iconic as previous carnations, then I watched the masterpiece: how wrong was I.

Just a thought BULArmy.. just a thought.

11. Gheritt White

This looks confusing and not very fun. Miss.

12. Erthazus

Agree with BULArmy especially with the same enemies, same weapons, same crappy Console UI that destroyed that “Freedom” from the first game where you required to use Maximum Strength to Maximum Speed and Stealth according to situation.

Also, it’s like they thought: Hmm, what the next setting will be? First game had jungles, second game New York.

Oh, i got the idea for the third game!!!11 Jungles in New York. GENIUS!

13. noherczeg

“The best looking shooter ever is back /xbox magazine”

Good for you xbox :D

This is still a pre-rendered trailer imho :-\

14. viralshag

I was expecting something terrible after reading the comments… I really don’t know what people are complaining about.

15. Erthazus

“I really don’t know what people are complaining about.”

Because it looks like a DLC for 60$

16. Gama_888

@15 your saying that based off seeing one trailer?

Call me stupid for just enjoying a video of a game that isn’t even out yet but i thought it looked great.

People expect far too much from these things nowadays.

17. TheBlackHole

I loved the idea of the compound bow, and considering it adorns the front of the box I thought the lack of gameplay footage of it is a missed opportunity.

Shame. Will hope for more in the near future.

18. The_Red

Seriously? I know PC fans hated the chance of direction in Crysis 2 but to me, this looks like a neat mix of Cry1 and Cry2.

19. Deacon

Slamming a barely announced game because it’s not going to be the game YOU DECLARE IT SHOULD BE. Jesus…

If you find FPS’ boring and unoriginal it’s because most of them are. It’s because they’re ten-a-fucking-penny.

20. Charlie Sheen

@9 im sorry to say but that was all pc footae, i read somewhere that it was on pc but played on a 360 controller

21. Erthazus

@20, That was EA SHOWCASE London 2012. Yeah, it was playable on the PC with the 360 controller.

But trailer is a console footage.

22. Maximum Payne

I think who ever thought its going to look same as Crysis 1 is a)retard
    b) fanboy

23. viralshag

@19,

“If I’m ever so constantly unimpressed as some of you guys seem to be then I think I’ll give gaming a break.”

Amen to that.

I love nothing more than playing a much loved PC game with my pad. Sometimes I do it just to spite the M/KB.

24. xxJPRACERxx

I really like what I saw and this will be a day 1 purchase for me on PC. Really like both Crysis 1 and 2.

25. Edo

Yeah…not particularly impressed and what’s with the “only night” gameplay!?