Origin leaks Crysis 3 listings, possible announce next week

Wednesday, 11th April 2012 11:18 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Origin has leaked listings of the unannounced Crysis 3, GameReactor Sweden teases the shooter for a potential unveil next week, and rumored details leak out a Russian website.

The listings were grabbed from the service (thanks, miladesn) showing the game’s cover-art and three listings of its limited edition on PC – one boxed, one digital – and 360.

Eurogamer‘s posted higher-quality images of the art via Eurogamer.de.

It comes as GameReactor Sweden’s latest cover teaser for its next issue shows a destroyed New York skyline – Crysis 2 took place in New York – with the Nanosuit pattern shown in the top left.

Meanwhile, a Russian website is claiming the game will be released in spring 2013, and that it takes place in a decimated, “almost” jungle-like New York City.

Even more, Crytek founder, CEO and president, Cevat Yerli, has tweeted that “the best kept secret in shooters just can’t be contained,” and to “stay tuned for more information on April 16.”

Earlier this year, Crytek and EA posted a job listing together that suggested something was up. At GDC last month, Crytek games GM Nick Button-Brown said it would announce a new “absolutely fantastic” project this month.

Crysis 2 launched last March via EA Partners for PS3, 360 and PC.

Via GAF.

1. Maximum Payne

That would be amazing I love Crysis series so much.
    Its rare FPS that actually give some freedom.
    But again in city ?

2. pukem0n

maybe its a beekeeper game?

3. SolomanAu

Hope its more like the first one and not the second, it sucked!!

4. aseddon130

Crysis 2 was fantastic, i really enjoyed it, so much so i went back to the original game and played through that. 2 was better i thought. Even the Xbox 360 version of 1 was awesome even for a remake.

5. Tamo123

Crysis 1 was epic, Crysis 2 was just… Crap. I played the PC versions personally. Crysis 2 was just a simplified, insulting console port.

Will keep an eye on this, but I’m not holding much hope.

6. Edo

Yeah the second one is still not properly patched,I was seriously annoyed by the infamous nano cataylst glitch and the enemy AI was simply atrocious.

7. Colin Gallacher

Is that…a crossbow I can see in the tiny boxart?

8. Sam Clay

Maximum Awesome.

9. someguy2

Isn’t this the second time EA has leaked a game via Origin? I wish Valve leaked Half-Life 3 via Steam.

10. Edo

@7 I would have to say that it’s a bow.

11. BULArmy

A good mix of 1 and 2 and will be awesome. Like 1 only also very good. If like 2 GTFO. Even though I liked Crysis 2, it was just another shooter, with some interesting ideas and good story.

12. LOLshock94

first game sucked with shitty ai and the 2nd was just completely shite

13. absolutezero

Its a bow.

So Maximum Strength (wait they removed that did’nt they) and it’ll be just like the crossbow from Half Life 2, pinning things to walls before they vanish leaving behind a puddle of XP.

Crysis 2 was dire, all the experimentation that the first game fostered was removed because you were fighting Aliens whose AI was pretty much non-existant. Im not saying the Koreans in the first were genius’ but they were alot more fun to mess with. A hell of alot more intimidating on the higher difficulties aswell.

14. YoungZer0

@13: They didn’t remove maximum strength.

15. freedoms_stain

Please, please, please move away from the linearity of 2.

Please.

16. absolutezero

Pedantics.

Its no longer a selectable mode for the nanosuit. Happy? The jist of my comment was that its no longer possible to pull off shit like this :

NB – Hes done quite a few Crysis 2 videos aswell if you want to compare the two.

17. YoungZer0

@16: You could punch people into space and choke-throw them against cars, that’s all there needs to be.

18. absolutezero

uh huh.

19. freedoms_stain

@16, that looked way more fun than Crysis 2.

20. Dragonborn

I loved both crysis and crysis 2 , the graphics totally blew me away
    but i really wish crysis 3 coming as a next-gen game
    anyway it would be good to see another crysis soon

21. Maximum Payne

@20 Unless they are going to do like BF3.
    First on PC then port to consoles

22. Erthazus

Crysis 1 was a fantastic game. One of the best games in this gen that pushed freedom in FPS and technology on the PC.

Crysis 2 was a pile of mediocre crap. Even visuals were OK at best. They completely simplified it for the sake of consoles and everyone who played the first game on the PC know that.

PS: I have no issue with linearity, but there is a difference. Someone like VALVE do it right with Half-Life, someone like CRYTEK is doing wrong.

So if they are going to do Crysis 3 more like linear experience, they should step up.

but consoles was a huge reason why Crysis 2 failed. I guess they pushed a lot when they started but console power was limited as hell.

They even simplified textures which is stupid. They ported Crysis 1 textures to Crysis 2 and reduced the resolution.

23. Colin Gallacher

How about an update…

24. YoungZer0

@22: OK at best? Did you play the game with the DX11 patch? Show me a game that looks better than that.

25. Erthazus

@24, Crysis 1. LOL. It is better in everything.

DX11 patch added some effects and tessellation. That’s it. Everything else was ok.

Don’t forget that you could destroy some buildings in Crysis 1 too.

26. Maximum Payne

@23 I must say that look pretty cool.
    You could use it for stealth or using explosive arrows even better !

27. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

Don’t understand all the Crysis 2 hate here.

Seems to me the problem people are citing with Crysis 2 is primarily that it was also on the consoles and therefore took away one of the few things dedicated PC riggers have had to bleat about since 2007.

Console gamer: “Hey, GTA IV looks really nice.”
    PC gamer: “Have you even seen Crysis!?>!>!?”

What PC gamers wanted (I am one) was another game that pushed the latest cards far beyond what they were capable of. Whether or not Crysis 2 was a good game seems to be lost somewhere; subsumed in within this emotional response.

Crysis 2 was an exceptionally good videogame no matter what format you chose to play it on, provided you don’t care one hoot about it’s PC lineage. I don’t, I didn’t, and so I took it on its own merits and loved it.

28. Erthazus

@27, Well sorry to disappoint you but NO. It has nothing to do with console vs PC.

I know a linear game that is fantastic on consoles: Uncharted 2,3

but Crysis 2 was crap.

29. freedoms_stain

@27, I never played the original Crysis, but I got very bored of Crysis 2 probably before I was half way in. It’s hard to tell, the ending was so abrupt it kind of threw my whole perception of where in the game things happened.

30. albo88

i liked crysis 2 a lot
    its interface was 100 time better then the first crysis
    cant wait to see whats new in crysis 3

31. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

Don’t worry, I’m not disappointed that you didn’t like it.

If you are still worried that I might be disappointed, and there is anything else I can do to reassure you, don’t hesitate to let me know.

32. lexph3re

Oh goodness please stay PC exclusive. I bought 1 and 2 for ps3 and although I prefer 1 to 2. These are titles that live up to their potential as an exclusive to the PC. 2 was a nightmare on how awful it was, I enjoyed the multiplayer for a day before I started finding glitches and exploits and it grew redundant. 1 is really pretty though I like the night effect they gave it in the beginning and then the sun rose. But after that it was just to much jungle for me. That and i’m playing on hardest difficulty so I’m not able to enjoy it much… HOWEVER! A lot of the interaction with the environment really should have been in 2.

33. Creteck

Gamereactor teased a game back in march.
    The game will be announced 17th april!
    My money is now on Crysis 3

My opinion:
    Crysis was a beauty back in 2007, and it still is. I think the gameplay in Crysis 1 was a lot better then Crysis 2. Crysis 2s gameplay was made for gamepad, the keyboard and mouse didnt really work for me. (Like it did in Crysis)
    I hope Crytek create Crysis 3 with more freedom and better multiplayer.
    If they can create a Crysis Wars MP, it would be perfect! But i doubt that the PS3 and Xbox360 can handle a huge map without lower the grapichs!

34. Edo

Cevat Yerli(Crytek dude)confirmed it on his twitter account and said that it will be officially announced on Monday,details:
    - Setting will be destroyed New York, which has become almost a jungle

- Promises the best sandbox fps on the market

- Expect a premium and hunter edition

- It will be available for PC, Xbox 360, PS3

- Out in the spring of 2013

35. Maximum Payne

@34 hunter edition you say.
    So that means BOW its true !

36. Stephany Nunneley

A few extra bits of information in there now – like the New York setting, and a tweet from Yerli.

37. Edo

Well duh…

38. Isaaclarke37

Was waiting for this moment for some time however i truly hope it’s better than C2.

39. manamana

… Jungle like NYC – The Last Of Us much? Crysis 2 was one of the biggest letdowns this gen, imho. It was absolutely dull in my book.

40. aseddon130

im not liking the hate for Crysis 2, i think it is completely unjustified. It was a cracking game regardless of the departure it took from the first game, if you want a Crysis sequel that was more like the first, go buy the Crysis Warhead expansion / semi-sequel.

I do sorta agree a mix of the first two would be nice, having a more open world and in a City environment could be very exciting. Sounds good it will be a day one purchase for sure.

41. Edo

@mamamana
    You got to be kidding me right!?The Last Of Us is LITERALLY riping off everything from I Am Legend not to mention that Crysis 1 was set in the jungle and the setting of Crysis 2 was NYC – urban jungle,so…Crysis 1+ Crysis 2 setting is…that’s right…Crysis 3.

42. Stephany Nunneley

@37 Well I didn’t see your post so “well duh” back at ya. :p

43. Edo

@42 Well…I find that hard to believe especially since you used the same Russian website link that I have posted in the news section but ok ….:p.

44. Stephany Nunneley

@43 I saw the site link in my RSS feed on four different sites. Apologies that the “News” feed on here shows up sometimes an hour after someone posts on it in my RSS feed. How is that my fault when I am constantly combing the RSS, Twitter, and my email every 2 minutes for news even while writing two other posts? And I was talking about your post in this thread not on the news section. But ok.

45. Edo

@44 It’s Ok Steph,no need to apologize,I am just trying to make a small contribution to this site(like most of the people here)so that it stays the best damn game news site on the net…nothing more…nothing less :) .

46. Lewis247

It’s like I know it’s real but I don’t want it to be.

I felt like New York was such a departure from the first I felt if they do another one it should be another radical departure. I don’t think it will be a bad game I just wish they would do something better than New York again.

I have the 2nd on 360 and there’s something so unappealing I can’t quite put me finger on, It’s like I need to force myself to play it but it’s in no way an overlly bad game in my eyes. I actually kinda like it.

On another note, there is nothing to go on full story wise so you never know it could take place somewhere totally different. Say for example half the game in New York and half in a Tropical location. Nice mix of both without feeling oh they should have more of this area etc.

Good to see it though I’ll admit, despite wanting TimeSplitters 4 so bad!

47. Maximum Payne

@46 Agree it should be called Crysis 2: ”Warhead” or something.
    just like Brotherhood and Revelation for AC

48. Lewis247

@47 Yup, would make a lot more sense since by the looks of things It’s probably a direct follow up.

49. ejams

Crysis 2 had improved greatly on the systems like interface and upgrades to the suit, integration of suit modes etc. and I enjoyed the game overall quite a bit, but I must agree with the linearity complaints. This is a game where you have the power to do whatever the hell you want, and the environment should cater to it. The first did that great with massive open-ended locales like the jungle which was great, and added much replayability. In 2, I was looking so forward to it, but the only difference in paths for that game is like 2 meters apart in an alley way or something. If they were able to do an open-ended city sandbox, my life would be complete, and by these rumours of an almost “jungle-like city” they could be referencing the first in a sort of I am Legend kind of wrecked, foliage-filled landscape. And the announcement is being made on my birthday… teehee :)