New Grasshopper title Killer is Dead due 2013

Wednesday, 4th April 2012 03:09 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Shadows of the damned and Lollipop Chainsaw developer Grasshopper Manufacture has announced its latest project – Killer is Dead.

Despite the title, Siliconera reports the game is not a sequel to Grasshopper’s classic Killer 7.

That said, the new game does have some elements in common with past Grasshopper games, reportedly blending the gameplay of Killer 7 and No More Heroes. Action is swordplay-based, but will feature “new elements” which are yet to be detailed.

The game will be better revealed in this week’s Famitsu, but early leaks of the magazine report the player takes the role of a “condemned” man and that the game has something of an espionage theme, showing the “dark side of James Bond” and featuring several beautiful women.

Killer is Dead is expected in 2013 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Grasshopper Manufacture is headed by the inimitable Goichi Suda. Its best-known releases are Flower, Sun and Rain; Killer 7; No More Heroes; the sadly under-appreciated Shadows of the Damned; and the upcoming Lollipop Chainsaw. It is also responsible for Sine Mora and Black Knight Sword through collaborations with western developers, and Kinect title Diabolical Pitch.

Image from No More Heroes.

1. back_up

super awesome
    they should also make Shadows of the Damned 2

2. The_Red

I actually found Shadows of a Damned to be a bit disappointing but after Sine Mora, all is forgiven. That along with Killer 7 and the upcoming Lollipop Chainsaw make me more than interesting in this game. Also, Suda 51 James Bond!? HELL YEAH.

3. Fethennour

@1 : Totally agree.

Suda51 is one of the best and more productive game designers, I’m pretty sure I’ll love this new project.

4. absolutezero

I love Grasshopper.

5. LOLshock94

werent they going to release no more heros on xbox?

6. absolutezero

They did.

In Japan, then Konami decided to only release the PS3 version in the US and EU.

7. ManuOtaku

#5 i dont think so the sales of the ps3 version werent that good, so i dont know, either way dont hold your breath on that one.

I cannot wait for their next game, i did love all their games, killer 7 , no more heroes 1 & 2 , shadow of the damn, sine mora etc, but i do hope this new game retains the killer 7 graphics,man i love those graphics.

8. DSB

Grasshopper are awesome. I’m sorry I won’t have time to play Shadows of the Damned. Even if it’s mediocre, I don’t think your time is wasted when it comes to Suda 51.