Torchlight II pets given spotlight video, developer post

Saturday, 31st March 2012 15:28 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Runic has released a video showing some of the pets available in Torchlight II. Some will look familiar to you, others are new. There’s even a blog post on the official site, which details each critter and provides a look at it’s furriness – unless of course it has feathers or scales. Looks awesome. Now all we need is a release date, please.

1. DSB

I like the little ferret with pilot goggles. He could be my wingman any time :P

Nice to hear Uelmens tunes again too.

2. TheWulf

This fills me with all sorts of glee.

The panther and the wolf are indubitably what I’m going to go for. The panther especially was beautiful – and I loved that the captured the essence of cats (and big cats, with the panther). They can be so strikingly regal, and when they look at you they can be so piercing and hypnotic because of that.

And then they go and roll around on the floor and air their nuts for all to see. Which is very, very much just like both a cat and a big cat. They’ve got that so entertainingly right.

3. Demiath

…and that’s a nice demonstration of the playfulness and cuteness which separates Torchlight II from the more serious Diablo 3. Not saying that I necessarily prefer one over the other; just that there’s room for both on the market. That ferret alone is probably worth TL2′s presumably quite modest price tag…

4. OrbitMonkey

What a rip off of Fable 2′s dog!!

;-)

5. HauntaVirus

That’s great stuff! I love the panther and the ferret!

6. back_up

another kinect garbage
    wat a failed device kinect is

7. Maximum Payne

@6 You are disgrace to real trools :D

8. back_up

and u are disgrace to mona :P

9. Maximum Payne

@8 hahaha good one I must admit

10. back_up

hakuna matata

11. TheWulf

Sigh.

You know, before you say that, you could research…

Cool kids being cool. Sometimes…

The guy responsible for Fate was HIRED by Runic Games. What do you expect? Of course the dog’s going to look similar if they have the same artist working on pets.

I just wish sometimes people would open up a new tab, go to Wikipedia, and read a bit before making assumptions. It really does make me sad to see people attack small developers for completely erroneous reasons.

12. OrbitMonkey

^ oh sorry, I was making a funny. Now be a dear & write some more about those cat nuts you love so much ;-)

13. DSB

14. OokiiOni

@#11

You’re just as wrong…

The guy that created FATE didn’t get hired by Runic Games…He FORMED Runic Games with the help of Max/Erich Schaefer and Peter Hu(from Diablo 2 patch 1.10 and up).

15. viralshag

@14, You don’t need to tell him anything, he probably already knows. He’s the coolest cat around here, if you didn’t know.

He’s busy feeling sorry for the world because people don’t share his opinions and we slowly kill his hope for humanity. So we end up having to scroll past his usually sycophantic melodramatic essay long drivel that’s better suited on his own blog than a comments section.

16. HauntaVirus

I hope they have a 4-pack on steam, I need this game!