Angry Birds Space set for launch with new trailer

Wednesday, 21st March 2012 14:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Rovio has released the launch trailer for Angry Birds Space which will be available for Android, iOS, PC, and Mac tomorrow, March 22. The title comes with 60 levels, six new characters and superpowers, and gameplay features based on a zero-gravity setting. The game will also be released at retail on April 20 courtesy of Focus Multimedia.

1. BraveLilCrumpet

If only….

2. DSB

I think you’re a sad, sad person if you can’t appreciate Angry Birds.

Since when are castle crasher clones a bad thing?!

(I guess that’s semi-rhetorical – The answer is of course when they become popular)

3. TheWulf

I think the simple answer here is that it’s unhealthy to become overly obsessed with any one game. If you do that, you spend too much time playing it. And there are a lot of good games out there, too.

Angry Birds is one, yes, definitely. Though some people are just a touch too obsessive.

4. Phoenixblight

I have wasted a lot of time in between classes playing Angry Birds and Plants versus Zombies. I actually can’t wait to try out the new iteration.

5. DSB

@3 That would make sense if the number sold somehow betrayed the hours spent, or indeed any problems with addiction that it might cause.

I don’t know anyone who spends more time playing Angry Birds than they would on something like an MMO, CoD or Skyrim for that matter. I don’t see a lot of people worrying about those guys.

Spending 100 hours with virtual people slaying dragons could be construed as unhealthy, but I don’t think it’s had any negative consequences for the vast majority of us.

@4 Another great one. And kids love both, so if you have any in your household, you’re literally going to be nagged to play some more :P

6. Phoenixblight

My daughter (2 year old) loves watching me play them on my phone it will be only a matter of time when she learns to play them and probably better than me.

7. themadjock

What’s next Angry Birds Kart

8. Stephany Nunneley

@7 Sounds fun actually… :)

9. silkvg247