Wasteland 2 kickstarter hits $1 million

Thursday, 15th March 2012 15:24 GMT By Johnny Cullen

inXile’s Kickstarter page for Wasteland 2 has now reached $1 million, having surpassed its $900,000 target earlier this morning.

The total as it stands right now is $1,007,843 as of publishing this article.

Earlier this morning, inXile hit its original $900,000 target on the project. By hitting $1 million, it means studio co-founder Brian Fargo now does not have to contribute $100,000 of his own money to round it off.

Before it hit the $900,000, Fargo said any extra funds would go into making a Linux and Mac version, adding anything below the target wouldn’t have done the game justice.

1. LOLshock94

gay.

2. Eregol

So now Fargo doesn’t have to put in his 100k.

It’ll be a real kick in the teeth if both this and Double Fine Adventure both turn out shit.

I donated to DFA by the way, but wont be for Wasteland 2

3. Sini

naa, both companies know that if they flop they have no chances on another kickstarter.

4. fightclubdoll

I have every confidence in Tim Schafer and Double Fine.

I am far less familiar with Brian Fargo except what I’ve read in the last month, including most recently the Kickstarter Wasteland 2 Project pages.
    I can’t get a clear vision of his intentions and the game they plan to create. What I saw of Wasteland (1) leaves me somewhat concerned. The project, however, is new.. and it is entirely likely that something more clear will be depicted and relayed soon. I have not chosen to back the project at this time, but I am considering it if it is a game I will want to play.

Nonetheless, the point is being made that Schafer’s DFA Kickstarter has significantly impacted the status quo, how much and for how long remain to be seen.

Perhaps this could be turned into something that is for Games what Sundance is for Films? Which, in turn, benefits the industry as a whole.

5. ManuOtaku

I hope they made enough money to assure a console version for both games, at least at some point in time, i will keep my fingers crossed.