Carmageddon reboot gets first shots

Monday, 5th March 2012 10:40 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Stainless has gone live with the first screens from the upcoming reboot of Carmageddon, subtitled Reincarnation. The shots show a redesigned version of the Eagle, as well as concept art of other versions of the car. Get them at the link.

No date yet.

1. sybs

Ho hooooo yes, can’t wait for this. Carmageddon was my childhood. :)

2. DSB

I can’t believe it was just left to “rust” for all these years. I really hope Stainless manage to get some traction with this one.

3. The_Red

F*** yes. While both AC3 and Halo4 shots / stuff is being released today, THIS is the game that I’m most excited about because simply put, Carmageddon 1 is GOD among games.

4. revolting

So many fond memories of the first one. Loved it to bits. Easily my favourite car game, ever. Of course, it helped that I didn’t live in Britain at the time; no zombie version for me, just legions of pensioners mowed down left, right and centre.

5. DSB

Has anyone asked them why they aren’t doing a Kickstarter right now?

I really don’t know anyone who played Carmageddon 2 who wouldn’t rank it among their fondest gaming memories. I sure as hell do, and I certainly wouldn’t mind putting down 60 bucks on the chance of a proper reboot.

6. OwningXylophone

@DSB I played Carmageddon 2 and it definitely does not rank in my fondest gaming memories, in fact it lingers somewhere near the other end of that spectrum. Carmageddon 1 however is one of the finest games ever made…

7. DSB

Well, I don’t know you ;)

8. TheWulf

The design they seem to be most pleased with, that final design. It may have a bit of an oversight…

Looking closely at the design, I’m not sure if there’s a way into that car. If it even has car doors – and even if it does, whether they could actually open enough to let a person in. Do they only open up into an uncomfortable crawl space where a person has to shimmy in and pull themselves up over the seats?

Just my thoughts, anyway.