Sons of Anarchy creator in talks with a “major gaming company” on game adaption

Saturday, 25th February 2012 18:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter has taken to Twitter to announced he is in discussions with “a major gaming company” regarding a possible video game adaption of his FX drama following the lives of a motorcycle gang.

“Soon to be taking meetings about an SOA game,” read a tweet from Sutter. “Have a major gaming company interested. Trying to figure out costs, platform and timing.

“To do a quality platform-based game costs tens of millions and takes years. We’re toying with the idea of a high-end browser-based game.”

In other words, a causal, play-when-you-want experience.

Thanks, G4.

1. Takeshi

Love the series, not sure I’d love a game. Seems like it would be close to a GTA-kind-of-game if ever created. I can definitely see how the show fits for a game adaptation. Selling drugs and guns, rivalry with other gangs and getting in trouble with the police.

2. Stephany Nunneley

I’m personally not a fan. I find it hard to root for thugs. :D

3. Edo

@2 Goody two shoes eh? :)

4. Stephany Nunneley

@3 HA! No, far from it, ;)

I am just not fond of “bikers”.

5. DSB

Really though, the “bikers” in Sons of Anarchy are about as thuggish as the muppets.

When they aren’t out saving puppies or talking about their emotions, they’re gouging peoples eyes out.

I like the show and all, but they’re not exactly Hunter S. Thompsons Hells Angels.

It’s a soap opera with bikers.

6. Maximum Payne

I hope just not to be like Dexter,Prison Break games :)

7. GwynbleiddiuM

Same opinion about the show as DSB. But, I can’t see how a browser-base high-end game would be a good idea? This needs a GTA treatment, and that bikers DLC they had was basically SoA ripp-off.