Latest Risen 2: Dark Waters “making-of” video concentrates on animations

Thursday, 2nd February 2012 14:43 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Deep Silver and Piranha Bytes have released the third episode of the six part making-of series for Risen 2: Dark Waters. Posted below the break, the video discusses the overhaul of the game’s animation system, and well as some of the two to three thousand animations specifically created for the second installment. The video also touches upon combat animations and how it relates to combo attacks, and how for the first time in a Piranha Bytes game, full face animations were used. Risen 2 is out April 24 in the US and on April 27 in Europe for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. Erthazus

RPG of the year for me.

2. Edo

#1 That’s a good one.

3. YoungZer0

Talk about the damn combat already!

4. Moonwalker1982

While i really enjoyed their previous games like Gothic I and II, and Risen i’m not 100% sure about this game. It looks really good, but it also reminds me of Fable, especially the looks. Especially after reading these things, i’m kinda….holding my excitement at the moment…these things sound like a downer IMO :

5. fearmonkey

I played the first game on the xbox, got about halfway through and stopped, always said I might go back to it but there are always too many new games to play. The XBOX version was nowhere near the beauty of the PC version. I have thought I might buy the PC version and play that someday, or maybe just get Risen 2 and give it a go.
    I liked the Gothic series though I always felt it was a bit dry compared to Bethesda’s games, and Arcania:Gothic 4 was pretty but really linear for a supposedly open world game. I hope Risen 2 is better than Risen.

6. Moonwalker1982

But Arcania was made by a completely different developer. The real Gothic games were much better than Arcania. I have faith in Piranha Bytes that the console version will be worth it in terms of graphics and performance. Even though the same dev that made the 360 version of Risen, is making Risen 2 again. PB promised that they are on top of this since day one, to make sure the console version won’t be like what happened to Risen.

7. YoungZer0

@4: God, what a crying bitch that dude is. Most things aren’t even confirmed and he cries and cries.