Joker teases “Batman: Arkham World” at VGAs

Sunday, 11th December 2011 03:16 GMT By Johnny Cullen

HOLD. THE. PHONE. Did Joker just tease something called Batman: Arkham World? He may have.

Accepting an award as Character of the Year at the awards for Batman: Arkham City, the villain – aka Mark Hamil – held up a script titled “Batman: Arkham World,” before adding: “Woops. Spoilers.”

You should probably take this at face value as a probable tease: Rocksteady unveiled an Arkham Asylum sequel, which turned out to be Arkham City, at the VGAs two years ago.

We’ll email Warner on Monday and see what they say.

1. KAP

If this is true.

Oh. My……..

2. YoungZer0

Didn’t he say that was his last role? That means two things:

A. He’s a liar.

and B.

SPOILER Joker didn’t die at the end, so the end was just bullshit.

/SPOILER

Either way, he doesn’t deserve the prize.

3. Aimless

Whilst I’m sure there will be another Batman game from Rocksteady at some point, I imagine this was just a joke.

4. IL DUCE

@2 A. Yeah I voted for Wheatley
    B. The world just totally got trolled by Joker.

5. osric90

Please come for 2015.

6. awaltzforvenus

There’s nothing to hold the phone over. The comment during the VGAs is referring to Arkham City, not Arkham World.

7. JimFear-666

Its a mmo?

8. Gamer4life.gov

Few things come to mind:

#1 Yes you read the script right, it said “Batman: Arkham World”

#2 Holy shit…..

#3 “Arkham World” title does seem a little…off…

#4 Joker DID die in AC (sad moment for me)

#5 VGA always makes characters seem as if they were actors (examples would be like B:AC, U3, and GoW appearances for Character of the Year)

#6 Have any of you found (or remember) the easter egg in Harley’s room after you beat B:AC? Y’know…the POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST!

#7 If a another game is to be released…Harley is now EXTREMELY dangerous! (with Joker dead and quite possibly been left as a single mother, she’ll difintely be looking for revenge…)

9. NeoSquall

@2 Nope, he said it was his last role unless Rocksteady (or Warner Bros.) come up with other “meaningful” roles for him.

Hamill said the same things with Arkham Asylum, then they developed Arkham City and he’s been clever enough to jump on the wagon, so make your guess.

10. Ireland Michael

Hamill was joking.

11. AHA-Lambda

it looked like a joke to me

12. DarkElfa

@8 Thanks fucker, I hadn’t played it yet, I appreciate the damned huge story spoiler. I’m giving you super herpes for Christmas.

@2, Joker may not be in the 3rd film.

13. Takeshi

@12 what, you still haven’t found out that you’re eventually going to be spoiled unless you stray away from topics related to that specific game? Yes, he really shouldn’t do that, but you can’t expect (yes, that would be nice, but that is not the world we live in) people to abide by the unwritten rule of never mentioning spoilers. Advice: avoid topics related to games you haven’t played yet and are looking to.

Yeah, I sound like an asshole criticising you, I hear it too. :p

14. NeoSquall

@10 I see what you did there.

15. Ireland Michael

@14 Haha. That wasn’t actually intentional.