Skyrim patch expected week after Thanksgiving

Friday, 18th November 2011 21:28 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bethesda’s Pete Hines has stated over Twitter that folks can expect patches for Skyrim to hit the week after Thanksgiving. According to his tweet on the matter, the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions have been submitted for certification, and one for PC is “coming too.” No word just yet on what all be included in the patch notes, if past experience is any indication, expect the firm to post a list a few days before the patch goes live. Thanks, Gamefront.

1. Talkar

I wonder if they are nerfing the horses.. (Never thought i would say that in my life xD )

2. Erthazus

Whats wrong with them?

you mean the glitch that you can use them to go through some areas?

In my opinion they need to Balance the game, because compared to Oblivion or Morrowind, SKYRIM Balance is Broken as hell.

3. Gekidami

For the majority of the planet to which “the week after Thanksgiving” means nothing without actually Googling ‘Thanksgiving’, that’ll be the week of the 28th.

4. ShiroGamer

5. revolting

@2 the horses are pretty over-powered at climbing. You can pretty much ride straight up vertical mountains with them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZeqFUYA7-k

There are also numerous accounts of horses killing dragons, which is pretty amusing.

6. LOLshock94

whens thanksgiving?

7. Phoenixblight

November 24th

Overall the balancing needs to fix and not just with the characters abilites but with NPCs as well, Giants should not be owning dragons and the same for all other enemies. Dragons are supposed to be this epic thing when they really are not I can just kite one to a giant or bear and let them do all the work. Horses being able to ignore slopes is just as game breaking too. If I put the difficulty to master I am expecting a challenge but I haven’t gotten yet and especially so with dragons. I am still enjoying the game but those are my main gripes with the game.

8. Moonwalker1982

You haven’t had a challenge? Well…my game was set to master on default for some reason, and i kept it at that. I soon traveled to Dawnstar and did a quest called Waking Nightmare, if it hadn’t been for my companion, i wouldn’t have been able to play that quest. Even with companion with me, i kept being owned by mages. Definitely a big challenge :)

9. Phoenixblight

That quest is bugged up the wazoo and I am talking about overall. I can drop mages with two hits with my bow and even with 1 if I get a sneak attack. Still one set of NPCs that use magic is not the issue I know how to get around them its called potions or magicka poison. My issue is with me being able to kill a dragon with little to no issues because the dragons attacks are pretty weak and you are able to predict its attacks without an issue.

10. BraveArse

I found the dragons were pretty easy initially, but I think they scale later on to give you an appropriate challenge. Certainly at level 25 I’m starting to find some of them a challenge. Had two of them on me the other night and simply had to run for my life. That said, I refuse to use the horse. Horses are evil.

11. Erthazus

I’m 50 level already. There is no challenge with dragons. Even with the ancient one.

Bears killing them and when i see that i’m just thinking: Where were Bethesda Beta Testers?

In my opinion game has not a lot of bugs. I had only 3 crashes AT best and evey quest worked without glitches, although people say that some quests are glitchy. Everything worked and still works.

but balance is broken. SKYRIM’s balance in Bethesda RPG games is the worst there is.

12. OrbitMonkey

Lol, all these guys saying how its broken and unbalanced. Wonder how many will return If Bethesda fix it?

Though last night the villagers of River Guard killed a dragon whilst I ran around healing myself from its frost attack… Not my finest hour :/

13. Moonwalker1982

Weird all this, wasn’t there an article here last week about the dynamic difficulty? That from level 19 it starts to become much harder?

14. Erthazus

Level scaling is seriously underdeveloped in this game… Again.

While in Oblivion level scaling had issues with gear (you could meet bandits wearing daedric or ebonite armor with enchanted weapons or you could meet fire elemental in the forest… lol)

Here, they almost fixed problem with gear (because that system is still not the best one. With each level you progress you get better reward from everything. I’m now 50 level and i get the best potions from every dungeon, not to mention that deer or rabbits drop gold or sapphire :D)

but now, with that crappy level scaling it’s a really easy game.

@Moonwalker1982, “That from level 19 it starts to become much harder?”

In theory.

15. Ireland Michael

@14 If you’re going go using obvious exploits to power level your statement, or abuse min-max tactics to create an abnormally over-powered build, the problem isn’t with the game…

The game would be far more challenging if you didn’t intentionally exploit it. Where the fun in that?

It’s like playing a game you don’t even like for 500 hours… ooh, wait…

16. Phoenixblight

You don’t even need to exploit the game to become overpowered. My character has yet to level enchanting, smithing and I can still defeat pretty much anything in game. Dragons are just a just a joke.

17. Ireland Michael

@16 I’m still finding plenty of challenge.

18. Erthazus

@Michael, without any exploits. (I never used any of them, except for maybe Bracers/iron daggers thing. But thats not an exploit. It’s a weak balance problem in the game which is not my problem.)

As Phoenixblight said and i agree with him completely. Dragons and everything else is a joke.

Level scaling is just a sucky idea for Elder Scrolls game. Sure, it works in Diablo I-II-III + Blizzard test it every day and every year.

but Bethesda can’t do their homework right since Oblivion and i’m just 80 hours in to the SKYRIM. Just barely scratched the surface and there is zero challenge which is a huge dissapointment.

19. LOLshock94

your level 50 your meant to be over-powered

20. Phoenixblight

My character is not level 50, he is barely level 30. And he is overpowered already.

21. Erthazus

Level 10-15 is enough to beat every crap there is if your weapons start from ebonite have (epic) or (legendary) even without the enchantments.

for example now i can kill any target with one hit using Daedric swords. Bosses in 1-3 hits. Dragons in few hits without magic, shouts or potions. Sometimes they can’t even hit me.

Balance in this game is broken.

Hillarious thing is that because of 1-2 hits i can’t progress my one-handed skill because you can’t level up it like every other skill if you kill enemies by 1-2 hits.

22. Edo

If anything it is better than Oblivion by far!Enemies were leveling up alongside you which made the whole leveling absolutely pointless!Oh look I found this freaking epic sword and now I will kick some ass…but wait what!?!I have to hit freakin’ slaughterfish 50 times before I kill it,god damn it!In Skyrim I am currently Level 34 Two Handed Weapons 70 Archery 70 and yes,when I hit enemies with my god damn skyforge frost battleaxe if they don’t have a decent armor I expect them to go down with 1-2 hits ,the same goes with ebony legendary bow.I mean why the f$ck am I leveling my skills,using perks and improving my weapon and armour if It takes hours to kill one enemy!?

23. voguevoguevogue

cheapedhardy2。tk
    Online Store,Get Name Brand Fashion From 12USD Now!
    Lv,Gucci,Prada,Coach,Chanel Women sandal is $30

24. FillRoyy

@22 – Completely agree, I dont know what everyone else here is whining about, Skyrim is better than Oblivion in pretty much every department! I dont really know how you could play both and still think Oblivion was better with its horrendous levelling system…

Skyrim is the most immersive, entertaining, and thrilling game I’ve played this year.

25. viralshag

Well everyone, I’m back! Back from a week off in which I have been Skyrimming, Saints Rowing and Minecrafting! It was a pretty epic use of time.

Skyrim is brilliant. Even with the balance issues and whatnot, I’m just playing the game in whatever way it happens and I’m loving it. I’m about level 30 and 80 hours in and I’m a dragon killing, single weapon skilling, no resto-spell using god of dual wielding war.

Blam!

SR3 is crazy fun. Especially if you jump in another person’s game and piss the army off big time, AMIRITE DSB!?

26. Telepathic.Geometry

Pure mage build: I am challenged. In a good way.

27. Fin

|i’m just 80 hours in to the SKYRIM

Here’s some quick calculations:
    I assume Erth got it before release, but it officially released on November 11. Accounting for a midnight pickup, that’s 10 complete days its been out.

So Erth/Viral have played eight hours a day constantly for the last ten days.

Wat.

28. DSB

@25 True dat! Feel free to come piss the army off again. That’s pretty much the only time I’ve seen a police motorcycle, now I’m kicking myself for not grabbing it :P

29. viralshag

@27, Yeah, that sounds about right. I did pretty much replace my normal boring work that I would do sitting at a desk for 9 hours a day with playing Skyrim, plus I had the Friday 11th off so I got a good chunk of gaming in then.

It’s been great fun. Alas, here I am sitting back at my desk with a screen in front of me with no dragons, mages, elves and bears trying to kill me.

30. OrbitMonkey

So far I’ve wasted around 15 hours just trying to find a character build I like… I’ll start, play a good few hours, get bored/frustrated with my guy & start over… :/