Arkham City Nightwing, Robin and character skin DLC get release dates, prices

Tuesday, 11th October 2011 16:05 GMT By Andrew Groen

Arkham City is getting quite of bit of downloadable content when it launches worldwide over the coming weeks. Now we’ve got an idea of when to expect it and how much it will cost.The DLC will start being rolled out on November 1st, and will release fairly steadily after that.

The Nightwing character pack will be the first to debut on November 1st. It features Nightwing himself complete with unique moves and animations, playable in all challenge maps. The pack also includes two new challenge maps, Wayne Manor and Main Hall. (6.99 USD)

Next we have the Robin character pack also for 6.99 USD which is a little light on details. Given the similar pricing though, we can only assume it’ll be nearly identical to the content in the Nightwing character pack. The Robin pack will be free with pre-orders from Best Buy.

Finally the skins pack will be available December 6th. It will cost 4.99 USD, but nobody is complete sure what will be included. How many skins, and for which characters is still a mystery.

There’s also plenty of DLC that hasn’t been announced yet. There will be additional episodes for Batman as well as Catwoman.

1. viralshag

Two maps and a new skin, something like two weeks after release…

I couldn’t have simply unlocked this stuff through doing things in game? Really? I have to pay for this? I don’t mind some DLC, I really don’t but this is a little ridiculous.

2. Phoenixblight

Looks like WB is enforcing the milking machine on this franchise too. They only have what Mortal Kombat and Batman that can make them revenue might as well milk it right? /sarcasm

I don’t care about maps or skin so this has no effect on me. If people want to pay for skins and challenge maps they will have plenty of options.

3. DSB

Milking indeed. Yikes. I almost feel sorry for Rocksteady. Hopefully their game is better than simply a delivery vessel for useless digital goods.

I’m not tempted, I just hope the game is good.

4. viralshag

It doesn’t affect me either. I just miss the days of unlocking cool stuff with game progress rather than my wallet.

5. OrbitMonkey

@4 Yeah, looks like them days are gone T_T

6. RandomTiger

Sooo, when is the game of the year edition out?

7. drewbles82

Wow another reason to wait for a game of yr or complete edition, get all the dlc included and its cheaper.

I know plenty of people where pre-order stuff doesn’t tempt them to buy the game, puts them off esp when different places offer different things.

8. Moonwalker1982

Fucking ridiculous, just as that pre-order crap dlc shit. Those skins would have been awesome as unlockables in the game itself. This whole DLC stuff that is already on the disc is getting beyond ridiculous.

9. Ireland Michael

The cosmetic skins I don’t mind at all. They’re cosmetic, and add nothing to the game on a gameplay level, so they’re entirely optional.

The extra maps? Eh, yeah that I’m not too happy about. I never put much time into the challenge maps in the previous game, but those should be in the finished game, not as DLC.

Calling this milking is a bit of a stretch though. If you want to see milking, look at the Gears of War 3 DLC, and anything Capcom has done in the last two years.

10. Moonwalker1982

@ 9

Well the Nightwing skin/character is damn awesome, and all those different Batman skins are great as well, it’s a shame really. As for Gears 3, i heard the upcoming DLC is already ON the disc itself, yet..they are charging for it, right? So goddamn sad.

11. Gigabomber

What do they get from gamestop to do this stuff? does gamestop simply pay them or give them 5 dollars for every game they sell or something? or are they being blackmailed by gamestop, DLC or they won’t carry their game? Last bit is obviously not true, and yet…