Rumour – Jak and Daxter HD Collection heading to PS3 in 2012

Monday, 10th October 2011 22:14 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Naughty Dog’s Game Director, Justin Richmond, has apparently confirmed that a Jak and Daxter HD collection for PS3 is in development, and will be releasing sometime in 2012.

Richmond made the comment during a recent Uncharted 3 press conference in Oslo, as reported by the Norgewian PlayStationSpill (translated by a user at GameFaqs).

“During an Uncharted 3-press conference in Oslo, Justin Richmond from Naughty Dog questioned about a lot of stuff, also the Jak and Daxter series. He clearly said too much when he told us that there will be a Jak and Dakter collection for Playstation 3 in 2012. This package will contain the first three games of the series and all will be upgraded in HD.”

Naughty Dog’s currently busy with Uncharted 3, which releases on November 1 in the US, and November 2 in the UK.

We’ll get in touch with Sony, and see if they offer a comment.

1. pha1r

Well a HD collection would be welcome, but it is a shame that they couldn’t release it on the 10th anniversary this year.

2. Razor

Yep, this generation is definitely petering out…

3. Clupula

Never played the Jak and Daxter games on PS2. I love HD Collections. THey really help you catch up. I guess this is also a sign that there’s a PS3 one on the way.

4. Isbilmannen

I was there, and I can confirm that this is not a rumour. After saying that the first three games in the series would come in a remastered HD version, Arne Mayer looked at him and said: Actually, that hasn’t been announced yet. Richmond then replied: I had no idea that wasn’t official yet! It created some laughter among the audience

5. OrbitMonkey

Are they going to release a HD remake of EVERY last gen game? Cuz it feels like it >_<

6. Clupula

@5 – The more the merrier.

7. ultramega

I can’t wait! The Jak series is one of my all time favourite game series! This will be a must-have!

8. HauntaVirus

I buy these but never play them haha.

9. speedxl01

That would be welcome, so I can play the 3 games in HD, I played Jak and Daxter 3, but did not finish it, now it’s my opportunity, hehe.

10. KL

@5 since development takes more time in this generation see all these HD remakes as an appetizer before the main course.
    it’s not as if they aren’t making any new games