EA releases Battlefield 3 Physical Warfare trailer

Friday, 2nd September 2011 16:33 GMT By Andrew Groen

It’s barely even September and the war between Battlefield and Call of Duty is already heating up. Just as we’re expecting a load of information to come in from the CoD: Elite event, EA has released a new trailer for BF3.

It’s not as mind-blowing as the multiplayer trailer from a couple weeks back, but what’s more intriguing about this is the obvious intent. Releasing this new trailer just 2-3 hours before Modern Warfare 3 info gets out is a pretty clear shot across the bow of Activision. Especially when it’s a trailer outlining some of the bonuses for pre-ordering Battlefield 3.

1. Gekidami

Looks like a pre order content ad to me.

2. Erthazus

Junk anyway.

I preordered and going to get this, but i don’t need it.

Also, Frostbite’s High Definition Audio Range technology’s sounds are the most impressive in gaming industry period. Probably the first FPS ever that will use 7.1 and dolby digital in full potential.

3. NeoSquall

I’ve seen the 1080p, 60fps, 19k kb/s bitrate video and I’m still recovering from the shock.

Oh, I need to clean my pants too.

4. DSB

The look and feel of the weapons looks vastly improved in that footage. Having recently dug into MoH’s multiplayer yet again, I’m hoping they can do something similar with BF3. It would be a much needed improvement on BC2.

Now all they need to do is get it to a proper retailer, and I’m sold.

5. poopoofruits

i thought this was a video showing off the customization, is it actually just pre-order content?

6. DUFFKING

DAO-12? That thing was monstrous in BF2.

7. DSB

Really? I never got any kills with that thing, I always stuck to the MP5. Thankfully shotguns seem to have some range this time around.

I love the DAO-12 though. It’s like a tommy gun, a grenade launcher and a shotgun had a seriously unholy child.

@5 The way I understand it most of the pre-order content will be unlockable, like they did with BC2. Something like a flash suppressor would be pretty imbalanced.

8. stretch215

I just hope that competition has pushed both this and cod to their apex. And that footage was awesome.