PlayStation Vita to make UK bow at Eurogamer Expo

Thursday, 1st September 2011 09:40 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Eurogamer’s announced this morning that PlayStation Vita will make its debut in the UK at Eurogamer Expo at the end of the month.

It’ll be playable to those attending the show before the handheld’s western release early next year. Michael Denny, SCE WWS’ European boss, will give the opening developer’s sessions panel of the expo based on the device.

Also announced is that Nolan North will appear at both Uncharted 3 dev sessions on Friday and Saturday, as well as his own session on the Saturday.

Eurogamer Expo happens between September 22-25 at Earls Court in London. There are still tickets available for it here.

1. russdude13

Hell Yeah!!!

2. Deacon

GREAT NEWS! Just hope I don’t have to queue for 2 hours to get a go!

3. mongbatstar

Another kickass reason to go to this thing.

Booked my tickets last night :D

4. viralshag

I have my tickets too, booked them a while ago. Not much listed in terms of developer sessions yet though. Last year was good with Rage practically stealing the show for me. Peter Molynuex was good too.

I’m just wondering how much fun it will be walking through the crowds staring people down thinking “I bet that dude with the mohawk is mongbatstar aaaaand yeah, that guy, dressed like Cloud, that’s probably Deacon.”

:P I’m just messing. I will be there dressed up like a dragon… maybe.

(Probably not.)

5. Fin

I’ve got my fancy industry pass for Thurs/Fri/Sun, but only a standard public pass for Saturday, alas.

I’ll be the one in the rugby/hurling jersey.

6. viralshag

@ Fin, what do you get with the industry pass? Last year’s press pass just got you in before the crowds for an hour or two to spend with the games. That was great. I also got to go in the “VIP” (nothing really special) press area where I had a crazy time.

I had a Witcher 2 preview with Tomaz Gop. I happened to bump into Karren Brady and Nick Hewer from The Apprentice (probably from the app episode), Nick is very polite and Karren is kinda hot… I also briefly met Jane Douglas from Gamespot… who is uber hot. I met the guys from the Brink team, they were cool but not so hot. The back door allowed me to just walk in to the dev sessions. And to top it off, free coffee.

Oh how I will miss getting press passes for things. :P

7. Fin

I’m not actually sure what I get with the industry pass – as long as I can skip all the queues, I’ll be happy :)

8. viralshag

@7, I didn’t even bother with an all day ticket this year. I just went with the afternoon Saturday ticket. It normally gets way too hot in there.

9. Deacon

I always regret NOT donning a costume to events like this… but then I remember that lugging around a huge gunblade and wearing a crazy anime wig becomes extremely hot and tiresome after about an hour.

Like you say VS, it’s always WAY too hot anyway. I’d rather stay as fresh and dry as possible.

I’m there all day Friday >_< can't wait !

10. sg1974

Nolan North?

I’m going. If only to get him to do his Walken impression. Pub fact: in at least one Walken film, you’re watching Walken but listening to North. The latter won’t say which one.