Full Jaffe PAX keynote posted online with added swearing

Wednesday, 31st August 2011 07:38 GMT By Johnny Cullen

GameSpot’s gone live with the full PAX keynote of Eat, Sleep, Play boss David Jaffe. You may have seen the keynote without any swearing in the shorts on Monday, but this one fucking does. And everyone knows that swearing is the best fucking thing in the world. Go watch it after the fucking break. Expect an interview from us with Jaffe tomorrow.

1. TD_Monstrous69

This video’s epic! Also, a reason on why it is David Jaffe is one of my favorite game designers out there, and in my opinion, one of the best.

2. KAP

I totally agree, hes a fuckin’ legend. Im about to watch this now.

3. Ireland Michael

Jaffe is a try-hard. He has nothing of relevance to say about the industry or creativity, and he doesn’t have a single good game under his belt.

4. Christopher Jack

So God of War 1 & 2 are bad games? I’m not a personal fan but you can’t deny their popularity, both with 90%+ metacritic scores.

5. Ireland Michael

@4 I can’t deny their popularity, but I can deny their quality all I want. They’re shit spectacle fighters with no depth, masked by fancy graphics and QTEs.

6. Christopher Jack

@5, I agree, but just because we don’t like them, doesn’t make the majority wrong-They are good games.

7. Ireland Michael

@6 And as far as I’m concerned, I *do* think the majority are wrong and I *don’t* think they’re good game. I think they’re terrible games. Every single game he’s ever made has been terrible. All of them.

8. Christopher Jack

You’re quite the elitist.

9. Ireland Michael

@8 If having my own opinion based on my own personal capacity for critical thinking is “elitist”, then I guess I’m “elitist”. Not that I care. It’s what I think, and unless someone can adequately argue against my point in a debate, as far as I’m concerned I’m right.

Now, if you want to get into an actual debate about the quality of the God of War games…

10. ruckus

Well I didn’t like GoW much either. Same goes for CoD, Battlefield, Halo, Deus Ex etc. Though I wouldn’t describe people who do like those games ‘wrong’. It’s obvious we just have different tastes.

11. sb319

Zzz. This guy loves the sound of his own voice. And who the fuck cares about Twisted Metal at this point?

12. Ireland Michael

@11 Apparently a lot of people, if you check the other thread. Lawl.

13. DSB

You’re mean to vehicle combat games. I loved Interstate ’76 and ’82.

Get a license for whatever engine Rockstar are using today, reactivate the franchise = Great succes!

14. Hellhound30x

I love to hear Jaffe talking on the game industry.. I miss his blogs. He keeps it so “Real.”