PES 2012 demo – Me versus Man Utd in HD

Friday, 26th August 2011 13:50 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Watch me play against Manchest Utd as AC Milan in the PES 2012 demo. The grab turned out quite dark, for some reason, but don’t let that put you off. You can grab the taster on PS3 and PC now. The 360 version’s been delayed.

PES 2012 launches on October 14 for PS3, 360 and PC, with PS2 and PSP versions launching on October 28.

1. Patrick Garratt

Sorry. It really is dark. No idea why it turned out like that. It is good, though. I honestly don’t like football, but I could get into it pretty quickly.

2. Prof.Dr.Moertel

It looks great, but after playing like 300 hours of PES 2008, I was never really interested into a football game anymore. They should stop releasing them every year and rather come up with some useful gameplay innovations and features. New teams can always be added via DLC.

3. Random_H

But you hate football, Pat!

4. bpcgos

@pat
    I’ve been waiting for this series each years, Pat! Glad you’re love it and be able to get with it quickly. I hope that’s not the sign of this series being dumbed down (I knew you’re not dumb,Pat! j/k :))

BTW, a lot of foreigner I knew here in Bali(place where I live) seems love FIFA more than PES. I would like to play with them. But, I dont know why I just unable to ‘click’ with FIFA even after try it a few times!

Almost forgot, my local PES community will be holding 2nd PES 2011 PC tournament next month supported by AMD, biostar ,and ASUS! Just come by if you’d like to spend your summer in bali, Pat!

P/S : Is that real game footage up there ,pat? Damn, that’s looks real!

5. Stardog

The game is pants. Far too many problems and still tons from the 2011 game.

Konami will fall futher behind this year.

1. I see a lot of people saying that catch-up is gone, but to me it seems to still be there in some capacity. My fastest players can’t outrun anyone without knock-aheads and I rarely ever get 1 person through on goal.
    2. The AI just constantly close you down like brainless drones. Not fixed.
    3. The refereeing is still awful. Not fixed.
    4. Player positioning for corners is terrible. They make strange runs and end up nowhere near the ball.
    5. AI are too hard to tackle, even using R2/RT. They endlessly do this little sidestep thing at the last second.
    6. New stats display is terrible. It splits players stats into grades which you have to select to see.
    7. AI are way better at blocking shots/crosses than you are.
    8. Shot choices are often weak leading to awful shots. Sometimes they don’t even aim where you are pointing. Not fixed.
    9. Left/right-backs will happily stand 10 yards behind your centre-backs playing everyone onside.
    10. Heading is still 50/50. Not fixed.