Rocksteady set out to create most “detailed open-world ever” with Arkham City

Tuesday, 9th August 2011 20:20 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Rocksteady’s Dax Ginn has explained to GamesRadar how detailed Batman: Arkham City’s open-world will be, and how despite the scope of the game’s world being much larger than the last outing, on street level, the game will have just as much detail as you could really ask for.

Also in the video interview posted below, Ginn said the game will also delve into Batman’s head a bit more, showing some of the darker bits he harbors in that brain of his.

He also chats about how each playable character in the game, specifically Catwoman and Robin, differentiate between the caped crusader and each other. ‘

It all sounds very interesting to us.

Batman: Arkham City is due on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 in October, with a Wii U version to follow.

;

1. NikiXP

Sounds amazing

2. sb319

Daft hyperbole, the sort of comment that’ll bite them in the bum at a later date. Good as the game is, it clearly has not been conceived as the most “detailed open-world” ever. That wasn’t ever the plan, and why would it be? It’s a sequel to the first title, and as such is the same but with more stuff. And that’s fine with me. Save your bluster Rocksteady.

3. HeavyD-Love

If the first one blew me away, which it did, I’m at least expecting this one to do the same. That’s saying a lot.

4. Moonwalker1982

Yeah the first one was a huge surprise, nobody expected this from a Batman but it did. Also alotta unexpected moments in that game, so goddamn awesome.

5. SuperCrazyLeprechaun

He makes it sound like robin will be playable in the campaign,or maybe that’s just wishful thinking on my part.

6. darksied

Arg, I really want this game now. Now there’s ANOTHER game that I need to buy. I think I’ll need a second job with all the games I need to purchase this year and next.

7. Moonwalker1982

Robin….oh god now, that should NOT be in it. I already ain’t too happy with Catwoman being playable for 10%, but i can’t judge it yet….but it’s a BATMAN game…damn.

Robin would ruin it..but i’m not a Robin fan, then again.

8. Phoenixblight

@7 Robin is in it for the challenge maps not for the campaign that has been confirmed.

9. tmac2011

@ 7 there trying to make an awesome game for you, Robin is only a challenge map, cat woman is just 10% of the game which isnt much, there are other batman games but, not as good as arkham asylum. even though this is going to be almost the same as the movie but even better, this is not a movie game, so be glad its the same company rocksteady that made the first one great

10. tontsa91

Awesome. More developers should concentrate on the detail, NOT the size of the world.