NFS: The Run video shows an unforgiving Nevada desert

Wednesday, 27th July 2011 19:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A new video for Need for Speed:The Run has been released, showing cars racing through the hot Nevada desert. Due at the end of November, The Run is a story-driven race from San Francisco to New York, complete with short out-of-car cinematic quick time moments. Game’s out November 15. Thanks, EvAv.

1. Stephany Nunneley

That 240Z reminds me a lot of the 280z I used to have. SIGH. I freaking LOVED that car.

2. DSB

Another “drive in a straight line” NFS game. Yaaay *waves the tiniest flag in the world around*

3. spiderLAW

You had a 280z?! What did you do to the old gal?

4. spiderLAW

too much like Hot Pursuit. Ill pass. bring back the Underground for fucks sake

5. Stephany Nunneley

@3 Oh, the previous owner apparently wrecked her, had the frame “fixed” and illegally forgot to mention it when I bought it and she eventually just went to hell fast. :*(

The 300zx… well, she was too hot to handle so I sold her after my thrid speeding ticket in just as many weeks. :D

6. CycloneFox

@4: Underground and Carbo were the worst games of the series. They still make it as sub-series,

but the best NFS games were NFS2, Hot Persuit or the Hot Persuit remake. This game looks really cool as well.
    The view in 1:30 were breathtaking.^^

7. Maximum Payne

@4 We already seen city area so I have hope for this game.

8. DSB

The Undergrounds were some of the best games in the series, perhaps only outdone by the original and NFS 2. Since then it’s pretty much been downhill.

Shift was a great idea, but horribly executed. For some reason cornering just isn’t welcome in Need for Speed games anymore.

Can’t say Codies are faring much better these days, but I’m willing to give GRID 2 a try, for sure.

@5 Dude, weak. Fuck the po-po!

Although you guys do have some pretty serious traffic enforcement. I had been in the US for less than an hour before I got pulled over the first time. I shit you not.

9. spiderLAW

@Steph
    That’s terrible. You could always find another one and build her up.
    and 300zx are beauties as well….but im not much of a Datsun/Nissan fan. Give me a 510 any day though and ill be happy. But i much rather hav a Mazda RX3 or Mitsubishi Evolution 7-10

So turning, tuning, and modding make them the worst games ever? So Super cars that go in a straight line make for a better game? Pfffttt….Go play Nascar if thats what you are looking for.

10. Stephany Nunneley

@9 I used to have a 1979 RX7 as well. Now I drive a RAV 4. What happened to me?

11. spiderLAW

WHAT? Those badass cars to a Rav4? What happened indeed :)

12. Johnny Cullen

@6 I thought Carbon was alright, liked it more than Most Wanted anyways. Was my favorite NFS game this gen until Hot Pursuit came along.

13. DarkElfa

I think that if your game has as little AA as that game had there, you don’t need to tell people it’s in-game footage.

Second, I’m tired of short-cuts in NFS games.

14. Maximum Payne

@13 hehe agree its not like it looked like CGI :)

15. DSB

What’s with the background music?

It sounds like Soap McTavish is gonna jump out from behind one of the bushes and start killing some Russians.

16. Noodlemanny

Hot Pursuit (remake) was good and really fun but it was just so simple. Main down point that annoyed me was there was no customisation at all. You just had the set number of cars. I think the multi really shined but the single was just a tiny little bit hollow. But that’s just me. I don’t know but I do know that I didn’t play it very much at all.
    That trailer looked exactly like Hot Pursuit but you were in the desert, even the roads look the same.