Snake Eater 3D to cherry pick features from MGS4, Peace Walker

Sunday, 17th July 2011 23:55 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D will include select features culled from Metal Gear Solid 4 and Peace Walker.

Although not delving into specifics, the inclusions were outed by producer Yoshikazu Matsuhana during an interview with Nintendo Power magazine, as reported by Destructoid.

“The player controls and some other well received elements from MGS4 and Peace Walker have been implemented into the game,” he said.

“The camera from Subsistence has been adopted, as well as elements of the free roaming camera system that was implemented in MGS4 and Peace Walker.”

Subsistence is the much-praised re-release of Metal Gear Solid 3, in the same vein as Metal gear Solid 2′s Substance, which made the camera much more manageable.

Konami recently revealed the game will feature a “photo camo” mode, allowing players to use images captured by the 3DS’s camera to make camouflage patterns for Snake’s fatigues.

Snake Eater 3D is expected on 3DS in November. Ish. Maybe.

Thanks, GameInformer.

1. triggerhappy

The million dollar question for me is: Will MGS 2 have the fully movable three dimensional/free roaming camera?? Surly we won’t be back to ‘top down’. I hope not…

Anyway 3DS owners are getting spoiled rotten with this game :D

2. lexph3re

My question is how will it control. The psp versions of metal gear were all made for the psp. But, mgs3 was made for console controls in mind. It was a pain at first to learn how to play mgs portable ops the way they made the controls. I hope they aren’t that tedious to learn on 3ds

3. triggerhappy

^ Face buttons for camera as far as I know… I think I also heard somewhere you can control the camera with the touch screen.

4. lexph3re

well it wouldn’t be anything new with the face buttons. but, the touch screen controls interest me a little

5. triggerhappy

Controls detailed here:

Still trying to find that vid I watched where the guy was using the touch screen… that is if I didn’t dream it or something :D