Quick quotes: Codemasters would “love” to revisit TOCA: Race Driver

Tuesday, 12th July 2011 10:17 GMT By Johnny Cullen

“There’s the Racing Studio team who have rolled onto another project now after doing DiRT. Obviously in Birmingham we’re doing the F1 title and we’re ramping up to do another title which hasn’t been announced yet and that’ll be mentioned at some point. I personally would love to do touring cars again at some point, because I used to love TOCA – it was amazing! I’d love to go back and pick that up for Codemasters and do it again, but I don’t know. I need you guys to bang on about it!” – F1 2011 boss Steve Hood on going back to TOCA Race Driver at Codies, speaking to Gamerzines.

1. BraveArse

Please, for the love of god do it. And include the Knockhill circuit while you’re at it.

2. majicship

TOCA was and is the best racing series ever! I’d give my hind teeth to see Codies knock out a brand new version. Grid comes close but TOCA had it all.

3. Grimrita

Totally agree. Touring has have NEVER been so popular, especially with ITV4 showing live race events. More cars (mostly indie) and the new generation of engines have added alot of spice to the race events of late.

Personally, I am not an F1 fan as over taking should not take place in the pit lane….. Lets get a new TOCA out there and swap some paint!!

4. pukem0n

TOCA 2 was awesome, played it countless hours with my brother in splitscreen mode ^^

5. elisio

I rank Race Driver 3 as the best racing experience i’ve ever had. Each race felt different and the AI did a terrific job of making me believe that they were smart (even though it was probably all smoke and mirrors). Never quite managed to get back to Gran Turismo after that.