Resistance 3-Battle: Los Angeles demo “exclusive through 9/8/11″

Monday, 11th July 2011 15:11 GMT By Johnny Cullen

The things we do for you.

We picked up a copy of Battle: Los Angeles on Blu-ray earlier today, which contains the half-hour single-player demo of Resistance 3. We’re about to start downloading it now, and we’ll give you impressions as soon as we’ve played it.

But we noticed something on the label of the demo. It says that the demo is “exclusive through 9/8/11.” That’s August 9, for those not keeping up. That sounds a lot like the demo’s going to be released for all PSN members after that date.

Sony hasn’t said if it will launch it on PSN after that date, but we’ve asked.

The contents of the demo see Cappelli and Malikov under attack from a swarm of Chimera down the Mississippi River.

Before the game’s release, there’ll also be a multiplayer beta for either SOCOM 4 owners or EU PlayStation Plus owners.

Resistance 3 launches on September 9 in the UK.

1. Johnny Cullen

I’ll take a photo of the label in a bit. I’m just waiting for the battery in my SLR to charge: digital camera can’t focus for shit.

2. DrDamn

I think you could well be in the group not keeping up Johnny, 8th September or 9th of August. I would think 8th of September given the Americanism of “Exclusive through …”.

3. Johnny Cullen

Doh. You’re right about the August date. I’ll fix it.

4. ninjanutta

Thats the demo thats been on the hongkong psn store for weeks,its really boring to be honest,not a good way to show off what looks like a great game..I played it and deleted it over 3 weeks ago.lol

5. KrazyKraut

nice^^ but yeah..its the same demo we can watch on gametrailers or youtube…

6. Johnny Cullen

Well, that took longer than even I expected, but there it is.

7. w0nder2010

I downloaded and played the demo earlier. Not sure what to make of it, the suspense was great, so was the introduction to the level but the graphics, well very outdated by todays standards and the AI was bad. At one stage, enemy stood on the boat watching the river while I stood behind him and we ended up both staring at the river. I appreciate the demo is old but If the AI is not fixed at final release then were looking at a game with a score of 6 maximum.

8. Johnny Cullen

I’m finally downloading it now. I’ll give some impressions in the morning.